Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Saint Maud Ash Wednesday...
Last post by ElektroDragon
Yesterday 10:49 PM
4 Replies, 302 Views
Diablo 4's Creepy New...
Last post by stalazon
Yesterday 10:15 PM
2 Replies, 135 Views
Bob Iger Done as Disney...
Last post by stalazon
Yesterday 10:12 PM
25 Replies, 849 Views
Baldur's Gate 3 - FULL...
Last post by stalazon
Yesterday 10:10 PM
6 Replies, 223 Views
Kung flu
Last post by stalazon
Yesterday 10:07 PM
38 Replies, 591 Views
Liberals gone wild
Last post by stalazon
Yesterday 10:05 PM
6,098 Replies, 1,356,499 Views
The Dark Pictures...
Last post by Metal Jesus
Yesterday 09:59 PM
2 Replies, 140 Views
Jordan Peele’s Candyman...
Last post by Azzy
Yesterday 09:40 PM
4 Replies, 174 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2019, 12:04 PM   #21
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Chief Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Smokes_Alot View Post
In your own mind
And since you said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Smokes_Alot View Post
Alright if you say so.
then it counts.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:51 PM   #22
DingBat
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 691
Didn’t the dlc from TLoU reveal she was a lesbian? That was how long ago?

I get that in this day and age ideology is more important than anything, but c’mon. If there’s just one game company that gets an automatic nod based on its track record, to my mind it would have to be Naughty Dog. Perhaps even more than CDPR.
DingBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:03 PM   #23
Chief Smash
Subscriber
 
Chief Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT - USA
Posts: 4,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
Didn’t the dlc from TLoU reveal she was a lesbian? That was how long ago?

I get that in this day and age ideology is more important than anything, but c’mon. If there’s just one game company that gets an automatic nod based on its track record, to my mind it would have to be Naughty Dog. Perhaps even more than CDPR.
I honestly lost track of Naughty Dog over the years. I loved the Crash games back in the day and I started the Jak and Daxter series but never finished it. I only caught up with the Uncharted series because I got the PS4 that came with the collection. And they were definitely cool in their own way. But for some reason, Last of Us never appealed to me enough to want to pick it up for whatever reason. Maybe it's because Naughty Dog titles became more playable movies than games to me and Last of Us didn't look like a "movie" I would have liked much. I can't say for sure. But no matter the dev, even if it was CDPR, I'd give them the business if they worked this stuff in as prominently as Naughty Dog did in that last trailer. I really honestly don't care all that much. Make whatever game or story you want. But I'll reserve the right to mock it like the old man I am.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:39 PM   #24
BillyWilliamton
Lord
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 97
LGBTQs are so oppressed in western civ that they constantly have companies signaling for their dollars yet none of those same companies will say anyting against China. Must be so oppressed.
BillyWilliamton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #25
Sir_Smokes_Alot
Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyWilliamton View Post
LGBTQs are so oppressed in western civ that they constantly have companies signaling for their dollars yet none of those same companies will say anyting against China. Must be so oppressed.
Depends on were you live and who you are dealing with.
Sir_Smokes_Alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:40 PM   #26
vivafletcher
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 538
The gays are obsessed with sexual orientation! Nobody cares!

(proceeds to post about it incessantly).

Regarding the delay, I don't think it matters much. This "series" is just one good game. It will still have an audience when it arrives.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:44 PM   #27
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafletcher View Post
The gays are obsessed with sexual orientation! Nobody cares!

(proceeds to post about it incessantly).

Regarding the delay, I don't think it matters much. This "series" is just one good game. It will still have an audience when it arrives.
No one does care that they're gay, they care when it's shoved in their face constantly however. The two aren't one and the same.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:05 PM   #28
Sir_Smokes_Alot
Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafletcher View Post
The gays are obsessed with sexual orientation! Nobody cares!

(proceeds to post about it incessantly).

Regarding the delay, I don't think it matters much. This "series" is just one good game. It will still have an audience when it arrives.
Didn't grow up in fundamentalist Christian religion I did trust me some people really do care...
Sir_Smokes_Alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:13 PM   #29
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Smokes_Alot View Post
Didn't grow up in fundamentalist Christian religion I did trust me some people really do care...
I'm about as non religious as they get actually.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:57 PM   #30
Sir_Smokes_Alot
Lord
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
I'm about as non religious as they get actually.
Same only pointing out a lot of people care more then they should and don't mind there own business I have seen it first hand growing up.
Sir_Smokes_Alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:46 AM   #31
RAV
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 519
I know that it seems like it shouldn't matter, but unfortunately it does...
We like to say that the gameplay is most important, but that doesn't mean that the thematic setup isn't.
People definitely have preferences what kind of themes and stories they want to watch or play.
Some are really into sci-fi, others into D&D fantasy, some like more romance, others more action, etc
And even in the particular details, when you look at romantic/lewd stuff, straights wanna look at straight stuff, and gays at gay stuff. there mostly is no overlap.
It's not necessarily about hatred, or that different things shouldn't exist, but unfortunately these kind of preferences matter a lot, and it can be disappointing:
Joel in the first game was a major point why many liked playing it. The characters and themes presented now just leave most people cold. It just is what it is.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:49 AM   #32
Juan
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 616
I’m as bored with the constant lgbt shit as anyone but complaining about a sequel to one the best games ever made just because the main character is a lesbian just makes you sounds like a bigoted loser.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:55 AM   #33
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
I’m as bored with the constant lgbt shit as anyone but complaining about a sequel to one the best games ever made just because the main character is a lesbian just makes you sounds like a bigoted loser.
If TLOU is in your "best game ever" category you have some low standards there.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #34
Juan
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
If TLOU is in your "best game ever" category you have some low standards there.
Last of Us is widely regarded as one of the best games ever. You put 600 hours into Robotech and you’re a Holocaust denier so please excuse me while I ignore your opinion on any subject.

Last edited by Juan; 10-26-2019 at 12:41 PM..
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:51 PM   #35
RAV
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 519
Because it's such a cinematic and story driven experience about human relationships, this factor plays a bigger role than in other games.
It would be less of a factor in a classic game like the old Metroid or whatever.
Somehow I kinda always assumed Samus is a hot lesbian, but it just didn't matter in the game whatsoever.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #36
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
Last of Us is widely regarded as one of the best games ever. You put 600 hours into Robotech and you’re a Holocaust denier so please excuse me while I ignore your opinion on any subject.
Battletech get it right you dumb shit. TLOU had terrible combat and a shittastic ending which made the entire point of the game moot. Had to make sequels somehow I suppose, killing off Lesbian Prime would have ended it after 1 game.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 12:39 AM   #37
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I-90 Homeless Camp, Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,170
If the entire thing didn't seem like the game was a revenge fantasy for killing the lesbian lover it might be more widely accepted.

The first was about a beautiful, well crafted, dangerous world and you wanted to avoid certain things as much as possible. You navigated the enemies, sure but for the most part it was the world and what happened and the danger of even just travelling in this place.

This one seems to be about a girl who is going on a Rambo style hunt. The world may play a small part but it seems they've simplified the theme to the Woman in the Refrigerator trope.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:59 AM   #38
Juan
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
If the entire thing didn't seem like the game was a revenge fantasy for killing the lesbian lover it might be more widely accepted.
[/URL] trope.
remove the word lesbian from the above paragraph and we all know this ‘controversy’ goes away. What exactly is wrong with a revenge story?

As I said, I agree about the pushing of left, lgbt agenda through the media is out of control but this outrage is a step too far.
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 04:13 AM   #39
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 9,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
remove the word lesbian from the above paragraph and we all know this ‘controversy’ goes away. What exactly is wrong with a revenge story?

As I said, I agree about the pushing of left, lgbt agenda through the media is out of control but this outrage is a step too far.
So you don't like the agenda pushing, yet speaking out against it you don't like either. You need to take a stand and grow a fucking spine.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:37 AM   #40
AlfredT
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,505
Haven't played this cuz I'm just a simple PC man. But that being said, does the main character being a lesbian effect gameplay? Not trying to add fuel to the dick measuring contest here, I was just wondering other than for story, does it come into any actual difference in gameplay?

Like are the err.. mushroom zombies or whatever less aggressive to her because she munches carpet?
__________________
There are sharks in the water, and your mangina is bleeding heavily.
AlfredT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
the last of us 2

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:11 AM.