2 Replies, 268 Views
Jordan Peele’s Candyman...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 06:43 PM
3 Replies, 105 Views

Old 04-08-2019, 01:15 AM   #21
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Just got back from watching Shazam! and Pet Sematary back to back.

Shazam: It was good! I can't think of much to really complain about. There were a couple times the CG on Shazam looked off when he was flying and moving around. I knew going in that the 7 Deadly Sins were going to be creepy-ish, and since it was made by a horror director, I thought they were pretty cool. The villain was fine, but I like that the wizard mentioned how the first person they gave the powers to became evil (The Rock's Black Adam).

I liked the foster home and the ending fight without giving spoilers. Overall I liked it and would give it a 7.5 to 8 out of 10. While almost all of it was fun to watch, it didn't have a deep impact like a BvS or something more serious. But I'll watch it again when it comes out at home and look forward to more from Zachary Levi and this character.

Pet Sematary:

It was predictable for the first 80% of the film. Everything was leading up to what we all know is going to happen. On top of that it was very slow. I was nodding off a few times, unfortunately. The ending was okay, but not a good enough payoff for the previous hour and twenty minutes. I watch more interesting low budget horror films at home all the time.
eh, 4/10

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:58 AM   #22
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
As long as the movies are truly fun, I'll keep going. But for now, End Game is the only one I'm really looking forward to. If they made another stand alone RDJ Iron Man (doubtful) or Dr. Strange, I'd definitely be in. If they made a new Hulk without Ruffalo, I'd be thrilled. But haven't they said that End Game basically marks the end of this era of Marvel movies and that they're mostly moving on to other heroes afterwards?
What you're not a fan of Cuck Ruffaloser? It's ironic he got casts as the Hulk, not sure I've ever seen a bigger whiny bitch.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:39 AM   #23
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
As long as the movies are truly fun, I'll keep going. But for now, End Game is the only one I'm really looking forward to. If they made another stand alone RDJ Iron Man (doubtful) or Dr. Strange, I'd definitely be in. If they made a new Hulk without Ruffalo, I'd be thrilled. But haven't they said that End Game basically marks the end of this era of Marvel movies and that they're mostly moving on to other heroes afterwards?
No one outside of Feige really knows what they're doing post-Endgame; outside of Spider-Man and a few known movies (like Doctor Strange 2, Black Panter 2, a solo Black Widow outing, and a Shang-Chi movie), nothing has really been officially announced.

Feige felt like they had made a pretty big mistake a few years ago when they announced a huge slate of movies that would come out after Age of Ultron...one of which was Infinity War (parts one and two, at the time); he felt like simply announcing something as massive as Infinity War caused Ultron to get overshadowed quite a bit. With that in mind, I'm not at all surprised they've been pretty tight-lipped about what is coming next. They want all of the focus on Endgame.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:49 AM   #24
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
No one outside of Feige really knows what they're doing post-Endgame; outside of Spider-Man and a few known movies (like Doctor Strange 2, Black Panter 2, a solo Black Widow outing, and a Shang-Chi movie), nothing has really been officially announced.

Feige felt like they had made a pretty big mistake a few years ago when they announced a huge slate of movies that would come out after Age of Ultron...one of which was Infinity War (parts one and two, at the time); he felt like simply announcing something as massive as Infinity War caused Ultron to get overshadowed quite a bit. With that in mind, I'm not at all surprised they've been pretty tight-lipped about what is coming next. They want all of the focus on Endgame.
It's Secret Wars. Calling it now.

Them nerfing the Skrulls put the kibosh on that entire storyline in Marvel movies. They have already done Civil War, Planet Hulk, Age of Ultron and Infinity War.

That doesn't leave Marvel with a ton of storylines to draw from for a big Avengers event movie.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:31 AM   #25
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
It's Secret Wars. Calling it now.

Them nerfing the Skrulls put the kibosh on that entire storyline in Marvel movies. They have already done Civil War, Planet Hulk, Age of Ultron and Infinity War.

That doesn't leave Marvel with a ton of storylines to draw from for a big Avengers event movie.
There's always the likes of Doom. And, y'know, dudes like Galactus.

They've got plenty to play around with.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:01 PM   #26
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
There's always the likes of Doom. And, y'know, dudes like Galactus.

They've got plenty to play around with.
They don't seem to have a grip on Doom right now, there is all these weird rumors floating around about them doing a non-Super Hero version of Doom, so I don't see him being part of Phase 3 or whatever they end up calling it. Galactus is part of the Fox characters, so there might still be some lag due to licensing issues.

It's a good choice though, because it would give them the opportunity to do a Fantastic Four movie.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:02 PM   #27
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

They also have X-Men vs Avengers, which I expect them to make eventually after bringing the X-Men into the MCU.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:14 PM   #28
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for the MCU but truth be told, and maybe I'm alone here, I wish that after Avengers: Endgame they would just make the movies more stand-alone. I really don't have it in me to dedicate myself into a series of films my grandkids will get to see the story's culmination to.
Sensei-X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pure evil