Last post by Dag-Sabot
Yesterday 11:03 PM
2 Replies, 127 Views

Old 11-02-2019, 03:22 PM   #41
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
I was responding to ministryofwrath, who was talking about D4, in a thread about D4. At no time did D3 enter that interaction until you stepped in and brought it up completely out of nowhere.

There's nothing to be more specific about.
Someone said they wanted them to add more customization because there weren't options previously (for the astute reader, this is where D3 entered the conversation).

You said "I believe they have that" which is a present tense application of the phrase. They do not "have that" in D3. Nor do we have any definitive information they WILL have this in the future of D3 or D4..

So yes, I am being pedantic but this is the internet after all.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:52 PM   #42
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
I was responding to ministryofwrath, who was talking about D4, in a thread about D4. At no time did D3 enter that interaction until you stepped in and brought it up completely out of nowhere.

There's nothing to be more specific about.
TBH, if MoW is actually a hard-core Chinese paid influencer, then that's kinda cool that EvAv is big enough to have one.

amirite?
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:14 PM   #43
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
He's on a laptop. 765m is a mobility card in his ASUS ROG laptop computer. He'd need to spend the money on a whole new rig and that could be out of scope considering he lives in the 3rd world.

I don't mean that in a bad way but I definitely see Myanmar as 3rd world.
Oh no offence taken Yes Myanmar is definitely a third world (or the PC term developing lol). I do have a first world salary but atm I'm spending its on house improvements/starting life from scratch again

I'll buy a decent desktop here (they are roughly 10% cheaper here than in Northam) in a few months. But yea.. the 765m is an old chip, however, I've tweaked the living shit out of this machine so I can play stuff like outerworlds/black desert online etc at mid-high settings and not suffer FPS drops.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:16 PM   #44
AlfredT
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
TBH, if MoW is actually a hard-core Chinese paid influencer, then that's kinda cool that EvAv is big enough to have one.

amirite?
If he is a hardcore paid chinese influencer, i demand you call him ministwyofwath! You lacist!

Old 11-02-2019, 08:26 PM   #45
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
amirite?
No, not on this one. You wouldn't be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 09:29 PM   #46
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Someone said they wanted them to add more customization because there weren't options previously (for the astute reader, this is where D3 entered the conversation).

You said "I believe they have that" which is a present tense application of the phrase. They do not "have that" in D3. Nor do we have any definitive information they WILL have this in the future of D3 or D4..

So yes, I am being pedantic but this is the internet after all.
We have this information. What is playable at Blizzcon currently has exactly what ministryofwraith describes, which is why it is current. This exists at this very moment for anyone who bothers to do even a cursory glance of the information available.

So perhaps the only thing you could bring up is my use of "believe". Let me adjust that. "They have this"... Full stop.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 09:43 PM   #47
badclam
Lord

[QUOTE=Chimpbot;2547475]You must have missed the part where the game isn't going to be releasing anytime soon. It'll have more than three classes by the time it launches.

This is what Blizzard is Selling, and it's Trash 3 class's.A 60$ game, ya Trash.A Service Game, that they won't fulfill, Look at the track record, we all know it's Truth!!!
badclam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:08 PM   #48
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

[QUOTE=badclam;2547497]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
You must have missed the part where the game isn't going to be releasing anytime soon. It'll have more than three classes by the time it launches.

This is what Blizzard is Selling, and it's Trash 3 class's.A 60$ game, ya Trash.A Service Game, that they won't fulfill, Look at the track record, we all know it's Truth!!!
...This is what they're choosing to show from a game that is still years away from being released. You're acting as if the game is launching next month, when in reality we likely won't see it until at least 2021, if not later.

Last edited by Chimpbot; 11-03-2019 at 11:35 AM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:56 PM   #49
MADxMrMike
Evil Dead

jesus you jaded fucks. that shit was crazy and looked amazing. if the game has the same tone as this its going to be fucking awesome. i swear you guys are killing me these days. like a bunch of grumpy ass old men sitting on the porch bitching about how bad the world is now and how kids have it easy.

Xbox - reload in 3
PSN - MADxMrMike
MADxMrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 12:27 AM   #50
RAV
Evil Dead

There are a bunch of things about it that I really liked. Themes, tone, atmosphere are great for a horror game.
It just technically didn't blew my socks off like I thought it would, like it was on the previous gen of games.

And as a game, I'm just over this point-and-click grindfest. If they don't do significant innovations to make it more interesting instead of just walzing around, with your "skill" determined only by how high the integer numbers on your stats are, defined by random loot you grinded and how much time you wasted, then no, I really am too old to get excited about that anymore. Been there, done that, I expect a lot more from my games now. I could imagine though that giving it one playthrough for the single player story campaign would be alright and maybe worth it.
RAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 01:28 AM   #51
RAV
Evil Dead

Here is something for you to laugh at though. This was a game I worked on many years ago, before moving on to other projects. Unfortunately never finished/released.
I called it Tides Of Blood: Tactics. It was more a Baldur's Gate type of thing, but without the fucking random dice roll shit, which I fucking hated.
As you can see, this is clearly the future of gaming. So yeah, I'm not exactly the one to take the high horse now.

(can click on image for larger version to read text)
Old 11-03-2019, 01:41 AM   #52
RAV
Evil Dead

But yeah okay. I admit it. Probably too negative. The general theme, tone, atmosphere does get me pumped quite a bit.
I really didn't expect Blizzard to get these things right anymore and make something interesting. So I am seriously surprised there.

There are a whole bunch of details that are pretty damn neat. The game feels more aggressive and brutal. Jumping at those cliffs and from that horse.
The character and world designs are more realistic and appropriately dark, which fits the original horror feel of the franchise. I mean it does look cool.

I am not sure how I feel about the gameplay. In the video snippets it looks vicious, but if their goal is to appeal to the originals in that as well... I'm just over pure grindfest. Things are still early though, we'll see how it goes from here on out.

I guess the major points are that from the previous titles the generational leaps were so huge that somehow I don't know what I expected from the next gen. But this happens only once in gaming history. If you ignore that one freak point in time comparison, what they showed still gets me pumped some for what it's worth. Doesn't feel quite so mainstream as we've come to expect from modern corporate Blizzard. It got some teeth. It got bite.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:30 AM   #53
RAV
Evil Dead

Btw, after Tides of Blood: Tactics shown above, I wanted to make a game called Stardust, which was basically Diablo in space. lmao.
Like a TwinStick shooter with rpg elements, story, dialogue, character/ship upgrades and all. Yeah, spacecraft actionRPG.
Still 2D but full 32 bit color/transparency. Parallax scrolling. Effects galore. Smooth sailing all around.

So that was my generational jump. Hyperspace jump. Into the void. Also never finished. Lost in space.

Waypoint selection to areas around the galaxy through hyperspace portals:

Last edited by RAV; 11-03-2019 at 03:10 AM..
Old 11-03-2019, 03:00 AM   #54
RAV
Evil Dead

And after that I went 3d and wanted to make a Zelda like game, 1st person perspective.

It was entirely voxel based, no textures here. So highly destructible environment.
And based on oldschool pixel methods, like indexed colours for quick palette swaps.
But it was also pretty innovative tech, for example since it was a dynamic grid resolution.

Also never finished. Story of my life. This one nags me the most though. Could have been pretty damn cool.

/thread derail. Okay, okay I stop now.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:32 AM   #55
Sir_Smokes_Alot
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post

A few points:
  • Still isometric
  • the Druid is back
  • Open world with randomized dungeons
  • Shared world coop (aka MMO-lite), take down those bosses in groups!
  • PvP (though not mandatory)
  • Mounts

It's like they are trying to make it into World of Warcraft.
Sounds more like Destiny then WoW
Sir_Smokes_Alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:03 AM   #56
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV View Post
Also never finished. Lost in space.
Pick one. Finish it. It's important to finish, not just start!

This PSA brought to you by a guy who FINISHED his PhD. Finishing what you start leaves you proud of your accomplishment(s). Unfinished goals leave you feeling...unfinished. Don't be an ABD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 02:10 PM   #57
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
So perhaps the only thing you could bring up is my use of "believe". Let me adjust that. "They have this"... Full stop.
I see there were releases about customization beyond the features trailer that I didn't see before I replied to you. I misread your statement thinking you were talking about D3. My bad.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:49 PM   #58
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I see there were releases about customization beyond the features trailer that I didn't see before I replied to you. I misread your statement thinking you were talking about D3. My bad.
Got a link? Cuz I doubt it's anything more than color changing of your initial look. There is likely one male one female model per class, in typical Blizzard fashion. Most overrated dev studio ever, they give Valve a run for the money on who's more useless and lazy of a developer
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:01 AM   #59
RAV
Evil Dead

Okay, can sum up why D4's atmosphere feels badass.

It feels more like the world of Conan the barbarian.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:55 AM   #60
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Got a link? Cuz I doubt it's anything more than color changing of your initial look. There is likely one male one female model per class, in typical Blizzard fashion. Most overrated dev studio ever, they give Valve a run for the money on who's more useless and lazy of a developer
They don't come right out and say if you can completely customize but there are a lot of hints, after all, a template isn't true customization. However, small things like "scars" and such on a game where you rarely see the character seems like a waste.

They spend more time talking about build customization, as if that wasn't possible before.

Quote:
“You can build the barbarian of your dreams,” Mueller says. The game itself will feature many varieties of template for characters, making them look wildly different – and players can “build on that fantasy however you want”. Hair, skin, jewellery, scars, etc. are all changeable, and that’s even before players get to the various clothing and armour options.