Last post by MadMurdock_0311
Yesterday 01:45 PM
1 Replies, 206 Views

Old 09-17-2019, 07:33 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson Will Return For Ghostbusters 2020 Movie

Quote:
A new Ghostbusters movie is coming in 2020, and now we've learned a little more about it. At least two of the original franchise's stars, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson, will reprise their roles, and other original cast members might come back as well.

Aykroyd confirmed on the Joe Rogan Experience that he's coming back for the Ghostbusters 2020 movie that's being written by Ivan Reitman, the son of the original Ghostbusters movie director Jason Reitman. "I'm not in the picture so much anymore; we've got the Ghostbusters movie that we're working on now, and I will have to be performing in that," Aykroyd said.

Aykroyd went on to say that the movie, which has the title (or perhaps working title) "Ghostbusters: The Third Movie," is looking to bring back other original cast members, too.

In the interview, Aykroyd started off by saying "all" of the original Ghostbusters cast will be back for the new one. Then he said "most of the original people." Later in the interview he said "some" of the cast from the first movies will be back. So it seems it's not completely worked out yet.

Asked directly about if Bill Murray will reprise his role of Dr. Peter Venkman, Aykroyd said, "We're hoping."

Ernie Hudson, who played Winston Zeddemore, will come back as well. He confirmed in a video message on Cameo that he's coming back, and in fact, that the movie is shooting right now.
Gamespot.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:37 AM   #2
NACIONAL
Evil Dead

So we as a society will take a common understanding that the 2016 ghostbusters film never existed?

Good.
NACIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:50 AM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by NACIONAL View Post
So we as a society will take a common understanding that the 2016 ghostbusters film never existed?

Good.
Pretty much this.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:45 AM   #4
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead

Dan Aykroyd in that same interview repeated how much he loved the 2016 movie but had issues with the director blowing up the budget and certain things he would have done differently. We don’t need another Ghostbusters. Fans stopped asking twenty years ago.

Jeez, Aykroyd intended for the original to be in space.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
Chief Smash
Subscriber

It seems that everyone tends to forget that the original cast was also in Ghostbusters 2 and that was not a good movie.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:02 PM   #6
walstib
Evil Dead

I call fake news.

Ivan the son of Jason, the original director?
walstib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:25 PM   #7
Dag-Sabot
Evil Dead

They really have to beat everything to death these days, Im holding out for the all midget cast of Ghost busterz XVIII
Old 09-18-2019, 12:35 AM   #8
Azzy
Cthulian

I think this "news" is reaching a bit but I don't care.
I loved 1 and I loved 2.
I love mashed potatoes if they're lumpy or smooth. I love them with butter and I love them without.
While I admit I never even bothered trying a bowl of mashed potatoes made entirely out of women I have to say that it's on my list of shit to do and I will probably enjoy quite a bit of it, even if it's not something I'll wat.. err.. eat more than once. I suspect.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:52 AM   #9
excalibur1814
Evil Dead

I loved the first one.
I liked the second one.
I didn't mind the third one... the action was okay and seeing Bill Murray dragged out of a window was a LOL moment.
"Hey that man went out the wrong door!" (Chris rocked)
excalibur1814 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #10
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
While I admit I never even bothered trying a bowl of mashed potatoes made entirely out of women...
The image this statement evokes is...well, it sure is something.

Quote:
I have to say that it's on my list of shit to do and I will probably enjoy quite a bit of it.
I have a sneaky feeling this post will be referenced in your Netflix documentary a few years after you're convicted of being a murderer-cannibal.

I still feel like the 2009 video game is the best "Ghostbusters 3" we'll get, although the IDW comic series is a pretty great follow-up to the movies and that game.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #11
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Loved the first, liked the second. The 2016 version tried too hard in too many ways. It couldn't decide if it was a statement, a remake, or just a fun movie so it failed miserably at all three.

I am only halfway looking forward to this one.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #12
EmoryM
Lord

Bill Murray should stop pretending another Ghostbusters movie is beneath him. I watched The Dead Don't Die, he owes me 103 minutes.
EmoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

I'm no longer interested in any of those guys. Well, maybe the dead one, but none of the living ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #14
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoryM View Post
Bill Murray should stop pretending another Ghostbusters movie is beneath him. I watched The Dead Don't Die, he owes me 103 minutes.
He's not. Haven't any of you seen the ad with Bill Murray for the Ghostbusters video game REMASTER coming out?! If he can be persuaded to do an ad for a GAME REMAKE how the hell is he NOT gonna do a movie with his old sidekicks?
Old 09-18-2019, 06:58 PM   #15
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroDragon View Post
He's not. Haven't any of you seen the ad with Bill Murray for the Ghostbusters video game REMASTER coming out?! If he can be persuaded to do an ad for a GAME REMAKE how the hell is he NOT gonna do a movie with his old sidekicks?
Isn't it just possible he really doesn't like Dan anymore because of some undisclosed personal issue(s) and this is all just his polite way of avoiding him.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:13 PM   #16
Chief Smash
Subscriber

I have a lingering fondness for Dan Aykroyd simply because I grew up in the 80s. But I wouldn't have any trouble believing that he wasn't the easiest guy to get along with. The same goes for Billy Murray actually.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 04:42 AM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoryM View Post
He only owes me 15 minutes, because that was all I could take before I shut it off.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:10 PM   #18
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
I have a lingering fondness for Dan Aykroyd simply because I grew up in the 80s.
I grew up in much the same period, and I have no fondness for him. His shtick was often just plain old stupid even then, and he was in some terrible, awful bombs.

He's not very funny for a comic actor/writer.
Quote:
Old 09-19-2019, 05:13 PM   #19
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
I grew up in much the same period, and I have no fondness for him. His shtick was often just plain old stupid even then, and he was in some terrible, awful bombs.

He's not very funny for a comic actor/writer.
All comedians have bombs; just watch Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee to hear about some monumental ones of your favorites. You don't get a TV special (cable or otherwise) or on SNL with untested material, you have to see what works and what doesn't first, especially when building your act and persona.

As many bombs as he had he still wrote and acted in some fine examples of 80s comedy. Even if you didn't think the straight man shtick was well done it was what allowed comedians like Steve Martin, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, and John Candy to become beacons of funny with their more absurd characters.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:20 PM   #20
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
All comedians have bombs
Aykroyd isn't funny now, wasn't funny then. Bombs galore.
Steve Martin isn't funny now, wasn't funny then. Bombs galore.

Chevy Chase, Bill Murray and John Candy? Very funny.
Quote:

Tags
ghostbusters 2020