Last post by timmyd
Today 07:54 AM
13 Replies, 951 Views

Old 08-23-2019, 07:01 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

The Mandalorian Official Trailer Disney+ Streaming Nov. 12

Quote:
After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. “The Mandalorian” is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
Evil Avatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:05 PM   #2
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Screw you Disney. You still aren't getting my money no matter how interesting this trailer looks.

I don't trust you any more.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:34 PM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
Screw you Disney. You still aren't getting my money no matter how interesting this trailer looks.

I don't trust you any more.
Pretty much the opposite. The amount of new content they are bringing to their service is just astounding. Moon Knight, Loki, Star Wars, Muppets... it's just massive.

I think their only danger is that they load up the service with content the first month, then it dies off to nothing. But, it will still be worth $15 for a few months for sure.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:10 PM   #4
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

"In Development" doesn't mean it's coming any time soon.

Their roadmap back at SDCC showed nothing of Moonknight or She Hulk in the near future so I wouldn't count on them in them any time soon.

And seeing the way Marvel has been going I can't wait to see how many episode minutes are spend showing how guilt ridden Mr. Rich Whitey Marc Spector is for culturally appropriating an Egyptian God and how She Hulk brings the "power" to Grrrl power!
Old 08-23-2019, 08:42 PM   #5
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Pretty much the opposite. The amount of new content they are bringing to their service is just astounding. Moon Knight, Loki, Star Wars, Muppets... it's just massive.

I think their only danger is that they load up the service with content the first month, then it dies off to nothing. But, it will still be worth $15 for a few months for sure.
Actually their biggest danger are the people like myself who refuse to pay $15 per month for Disney, CBS All Access, DC, HBO, Sho, etc etc etc and just torrent everything for free.

Greedy bastards could wet their beaks but they'd rather gouge people. I would have no problem paying $5 for a single channel, but that shit adds up too quick at $15 bucks a pop.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:09 PM   #6
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Way to NOT say much of anything and make it look mysterious. Lots of action, for sure.

But wtf is this about again?

EDIT

OH

"After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. “The Mandalorian” is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic."

Last edited by brandonjclark; 08-23-2019 at 10:28 PM..
brandonjclark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:22 AM   #7
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Well, looks like I'm subscribing to Disney+.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:15 AM   #8
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

So, this is taking place after Boba Fett is dropped into the mouth of the Sarlacc?

Also Disney+ is going to be family friendly programming only.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:31 AM   #9
Terran
Evil Dead

Netflix is on life support. Deep in debt, borrowing/spending tens of billions to create content that can't be removed from their service (as most of their best licensed content is...Friends going...the Office going...Disney content going...and the list goes on). Subscriber numbers going down, folks quitting (I will be one of them in November); it's getting ugly at Netflix corporate.

They're not disappearing, but they'll be like MySpace going forward. Irrelevant in five years time, tops.

Nail in the coffin? Not only will Disney+ be CHEAPER each month, it will offer at a cheaper price Hulu AND ESPN+ bundled with it. The pièce de résistance? Four concurrent streams in their plan. I thought they'd go with only one, which would have killed my interest with a household of kids, but four? WIN.

I personally think Disney is disgusting, but w/kids you're pretty much trapped, lol. Their content is unique and compelling. We'll be subscribing and dropping Netflix.

Bye Felicia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:36 AM   #10
Skunk
Evil Dead

I'd pretty much pay $15 (for at least one month) to see fight scenes with IG-88. That's got me the most excited.

I've thought that druid was dope ever since I read "Tale of the Bounty Hunters" as a kid.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:16 PM   #11
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Looks cool but I don’t trust Disney to not infuse identity politics into the show on a regular basis.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:41 PM   #12
magicka
Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
Actually their biggest danger are the people like myself who refuse to pay $15 per month for Disney, CBS All Access, DC, HBO, Sho, etc etc etc and just torrent everything for free.

Greedy bastards could wet their beaks but they'd rather gouge people. I would have no problem paying $5 for a single channel, but that shit adds up too quick at $15 bucks a pop.
Isn't Disney+ $7 a month?

How much do you charge for the work you do? Regardless, I think it's too high and you should give it away for free.
magicka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:48 AM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

$6.99/mo for Disney+ alone.

$12.99/mo for a bundle that will include Disney+, ESPN+ and ad-supported Hulu.

Netflix is going to continue to hemorrhage subscribers and content, as well as stock value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:25 AM   #14
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post
So, this is taking place after Boba Fett is dropped into the mouth of the Sarlacc?

It takes place between the original trilogy and the new movies.

Sorry for size, don't know how to shrink the image.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:57 AM   #15
ministryofwrath
Evil Dead

Will I finally get force sensitive yatija now that Disney owns all the IPS?
ministryofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #16
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigmstr View Post

Good note, I do have to wonder if they will try to tie this into Boba Fett at some point or if they will keep it being it’s own thing forever. I would love a Fett cameo at some point to establish that he survived the Sarlacc.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:51 AM   #17
paragondk1
Reaper

Will the protagonist Mandalorian be a fluidly-sexual, indeterminable politically and sociologically all-encompassing, species-shifting hero? The hero we CRAVE?

Trailer looks really cool actually, but I wonder what's underneath the helmet. :-D
paragondk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:48 AM   #18
KlausFlouride
Poisoned 2 my rotten core

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragondk1 View Post
Will the protagonist Mandalorian be a fluidly-sexual, indeterminable politically and sociologically all-encompassing, species-shifting hero? The hero we CRAVE?

Trailer looks really cool actually, but I wonder what's underneath the helmet. :-D
This. Lando's co-pilot in Solo was a mess, they could have literally not included that robot and the movie would have been better.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:38 PM   #19
HillTribe
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
I'd pretty much pay $15 (for at least one month) to see fight scenes with IG-88. That's got me the most excited.
I read last night that its actually IG-11, not IG-88. Same model, different droid. Cinematically it wont make much difference, but it kinda bummed me out that its not the OG IG-88.
HillTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:35 PM   #20
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillTribe View Post
I read last night that its actually IG-11, not IG-88. Same model, different droid. Cinematically it wont make much difference, but it kinda bummed me out that its not the OG IG-88.
Most of the Assassin Droids in Star Wars use the same look. I don't know if there is anything specific about IG-88 that would notable enough to call attention to it over any other.

I don't know if, in the lore, IG-88 denotes itself in any particular way with iconography or something.

Tags
the mandalorian