Red Dead Redemption 2 PC...
Last post by Major Dan
Yesterday 04:01 PM
6 Replies, 1,145 Views

Old 08-05-2017, 11:55 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds Surpasses 500,000 Concurrent Players

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds is closing in on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
Playerunknown's Battlegrounds' popularity still hasn't hit a ceiling yet. Developer Bluehole announced today that the game hit a new milestone, crossing 500,000 concurrent players.

This is a really high number of people to be playing at the same time. PUBG momentarily had the second highest number of concurrent users behind Dota 2, exceeding Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Over the past few years, it has been very unusual to see CS: GO at any ranking below number two, and Dota 2's place at the top has been seemingly invulnerable.

PUBG peaked at 523,000, coming even closer to CS: GO's record for concurrent users at 546,000. In July, the game surpassed Fallout 4's peak concurrent users to enter third place on the list. You can see the top 100 most-played games over at Steam's stats page.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #2
VideoMike101
Dread Lord

I don't get it, Last Man Standing is basically Counter-Strike. Why is this game so popular?
VideoMike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #3
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoMike101 View Post
I don't get it, Last Man Standing is basically Counter-Strike. Why is this game so popular?
Wish I could tell you but the wife lost her job 3 months ago and we had JUST spent emergency fund on autonrepairs so we are dead broke atm. Would love to have this game.

She has interviewed at an engineering firm last week so we're hoping that pans out.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:02 AM   #4
BytorUK
Evil Dead

The game has single , duo and squad play along with FPP and third person perspective server options.
Add into the mix huge , reasonably detailed environments , moddeable weapons and vehicles it has a lot to offer.
The addition of the force field to corral the players together is a great idea.
It has grabbed my attention such that I have abandoned the consoles and bought another gaming PC.

It is only £ 20 or something and well worth the money.
BytorUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:01 PM   #5
MadMurdock_0311
Evil Dead

I bought this as a result of a GMG voucher, so I got it for around $20. I played one round, and just didn't understand the appeal of the game.

I really like the fact that the zone shrinks every several minutes, forcing players closer and closer to each other, but the maps are barren and boring. There's so much open space you have to run across that it becomes very easy to be sniped.

I think the game needs a lot more work before it's worth the $30 asking price. It's in Early Access and they already introduced micro-transactions (loot crates). Seems to me that the designer is trying to cash in while it's hot; I wouldn't be surprised if it never exits Early Access.
MadMurdock_0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #6
reborn2603
Subscriber

I've been playing the game for a while now and I have to say it's loads of fun! It's worth $30 even if it's in Early Access.
reborn2603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:25 AM   #7
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMurdock_0311 View Post
I bought this as a result of a GMG voucher, so I got it for around $20. I played one round, and just didn't understand the appeal of the game.

I really like the fact that the zone shrinks every several minutes, forcing players closer and closer to each other, but the maps are barren and boring. There's so much open space you have to run across that it becomes very easy to be sniped.

I think the game needs a lot more work before it's worth the $30 asking price. It's in Early Access and they already introduced micro-transactions (loot crates). Seems to me that the designer is trying to cash in while it's hot; I wouldn't be surprised if it never exits Early Access.
How do they handle the shrinking map if a player is inside an area about to be shrunk?
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:32 AM   #8
Lind
Lurker

The zone slowly shrinks to the new size and players caught outside of it take damage. Only a little damage to start with but in the end the zone kills you fast if you are on the wrong side. Visually its a force field that moves across the map.
Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:03 AM   #9
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I've put in 62 hours now and that's low compared to my friends. I really like the game, it's addicting. I've taken 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th place and so on. Can't stop until I get that 1st place chicken dinner (in solo). In fact, I'd better get back at it.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:46 AM   #10
Rommel
International Playboy

The shrinking map is a popular mechanic, these days.
drive into the daughter's womb proper, fill the uterus with the dick snot
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie View Post
Rommel gave the right answer
*Not in context
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battlegrounds, bluehole, playerunknown's