Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Disney+ Launches with...
Last post by TheHulk
Today 11:48 AM
3 Replies, 168 Views
New Sonic Trailer Debuts...
Last post by BadIronTree
Today 10:09 AM
2 Replies, 160 Views
Is PHYSICAL MEDIA...
Last post by Metal Jesus
Today 09:46 AM
0 Replies, 57 Views
The Evil Avatar Code...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 09:10 AM
0 Replies, 87 Views
The Evil Avatar Code...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 09:06 AM
0 Replies, 102 Views
Midway Defeats Doctor...
Last post by MusicToEat
Today 09:03 AM
5 Replies, 461 Views
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC...
Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:30 AM
5 Replies, 1,014 Views
NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro...
Last post by Rommel
Today 12:20 AM
3 Replies, 581 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff
 
Emabulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 31,319
Blog Entries: 58
Far Cry 5 - Gameplay Trailer #E32017



Click on the Headline for the Trailer.

Quote:
Save the land of the free. Watch the world gameplay premiere of Far Cry 5.

Far Cry comes to America in the latest installment of the award-winning franchise.
Welcome to Hope County, Montana. When your arrival incites the cult to violently seize control of the region, you must rise up and spark the fires of resistance to liberate a besieged community.

Freely explore Hope County’s rivers, lands, and skies with the largest customizable weapon and vehicle roster ever in a Far Cry game. You are the hero of the story in a thrilling world that hits back with every punch, and where the places you discover and the locals you ally with will shape your story in ways you’ll never see coming.

Learn more at farcry.com. Available February 27, 2018.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff
 
Emabulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 31,319
Blog Entries: 58
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,925
Replace all those evil white cult members with actual cult members, Muslims and then I'm on board.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
GunnSgtHartman
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 699
Ubisoft hard at work again on their bullshottery demos. I love the setting though, it's fresh and original.
__________________
______________________________________
GamerTag/PSN: GunnSgtHartman
GunnSgtHartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #5
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,797
I think the setting seems like it could be okay, but I don't trust Ubisoft's gameplay demos. The teammate A.I. was terrible in the "beta" or whatever for Ghost Recon, so I'm not too optimistic about it here. Looks pretty good graphically.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Many cultures of the world marry girls off after their first menses, around 13 years old. I can't say that's inherently immoral, no.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #6
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 7,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Replace all those evil white cult members with actual cult members, Muslims and then I'm on board.
Agreed.

I stopped the video after the bitch said boom boom motha fuckas. Cringe... Potty mouthed ghetto trash. Gyeah..
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #7
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,173
Looks like a good $20 purchase and not one dollar more. Not saying it looks bad, it's just they aren't showing me anything new so why pay AAA prices?
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #8
blackzc
Evil Dead
 
blackzc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: I am boot, hear me win!
Posts: 7,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
Looks like a good $20 purchase and not one dollar more. Not saying it looks bad, it's just they aren't showing me anything new so why pay AAA prices?
This is how i buy all FC games. $8 to $12 range. I hate the degeneracy but i do appreciate the effort put into the game.
__________________
Nintendo: A guiding light in a sea of video game degeneracy
blackzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:24 AM   #9
alienchild
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,733
I recently (within the last 2 months) played and finished Far Cry 1, 2, 3 and Blood Dragon. I am currently playing the 4th. This 5th game looks amazing and I think the setting is refreshing and new. I don't get the political message that some of you are so worked up about. It's about killing crazy homocidal nutjobs just like all the other games.
alienchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:05 AM   #10
Solciver
Peon
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnSgtHartman View Post
I love the setting though, it's fresh and original.
How is the setting "fresh and original"? That is the perspective of EVERY Christian from the PC/atheistic side of the religious debate...

There would be no way that UBI would make a game where you were against Islamicist (Islamist? which ever way it is plural...). For one, the Canadian government would fine and probably threaten the developers with jail time for hate speech and not being PC. But it is great they are doing it to a christian "fanatic" group (only way they could try to justify it to everyone, even though that is their perspective on all Christians). In fact, it is celebrated!
Solciver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:50 AM   #11
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solciver View Post
How is the setting "fresh and original"? That is the perspective of EVERY Christian from the PC/atheistic side of the religious debate...
Well, it's fresh for a Far Cry game. They usually have you killing Pacific Islanders, Asians or Africans.

You get to kill white folk in 'Murica this time around.

Quote:
There would be no way that UBI would make a game where you were against Islamicist (Islamist? which ever way it is plural...). For one, the Canadian government would fine and probably threaten the developers with jail time for hate speech and not being PC. But it is great they are doing it to a christian "fanatic" group (only way they could try to justify it to everyone, even though that is their perspective on all Christians). In fact, it is celebrated!
Sadly, a game about Islamic terrorists would probably get people killed in real life.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #12
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Well, it's fresh for a Far Cry game. They usually have you killing Pacific Islanders, Asians or Africans.

You get to kill white folk in 'Murica this time around.



Sadly, a game about Islamic terrorists would probably get people killed in real life.
Muslims don't need an excuse to kill people. Gay? toss you off a building, like shitty pop music? Blow up kids at a concert. Not think like they do? Chop your head off. Get the idea?

Bet you're excited to kill white folk though.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:04 AM   #13
ashikenshin
Evil Dead
 
ashikenshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Sadly, a game about Islamic terrorists would probably get people killed in real life.
No need for a game, you just have to believe something else to be a prime target.
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:15 AM   #14
Mad Max RW
Evil Dead
 
Mad Max RW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,173
More likely groups like CAIR would go after them as they have gone after Call of Duty games. Muslims tend to lose it when Muhammad is depicted or mentioned in any way. That hasn't happened with a big name video game.

What I find most telling is how easily people can excuse Islamic extremism as a response to video games, cartoons,.etc and call it "sad". In the same breath they demonize white Christians and are almost giddy with happiness when there's even a possibility their imagined boogeyman is responsible for a mass shooting or bombing.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:46 AM   #15
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Muslims don't need an excuse to kill people. Gay? toss you off a building, like shitty pop music? Blow up kids at a concert. Not think like they do? Chop your head off. Get the idea?
Yeah. I do. I never said the Islamic extremists weren't violent, hateful and dangerous.
It doesn't invalidate the notion that they'd likely use it as an excuse to lash out against people...not that they really need one, to be fair. They'd just do it, anyway.

If anything, it would give the Islamic extremists and terrorists something to rally behind.

Quote:
Bet you're excited to kill white folk though.
No more than any other group of people in a fictional setting featured in a video game.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front

Last edited by Chimpbot; 06-13-2017 at 11:39 AM..
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:49 AM   #16
GunnSgtHartman
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solciver View Post
How is the setting "fresh and original"? That is the perspective of EVERY Christian from the PC/atheistic side of the religious debate...

There would be no way that UBI would make a game where you were against Islamicist (Islamist? which ever way it is plural...). For one, the Canadian government would fine and probably threaten the developers with jail time for hate speech and not being PC. But it is great they are doing it to a christian "fanatic" group (only way they could try to justify it to everyone, even though that is their perspective on all Christians). In fact, it is celebrated!
What are you talking about? Are you aware of laws in Canada? For one thing we aren't ridiculously divided like you are in the USA (I take it you're American) and we don't get upset about these kind of things. The game could be set in Alberta or Saskatchewan and people here wouldn't get upset like you guys are.

What a stupid argument this is... "they used white redneck members of a religious cult because they don't have the courage to use Islamist terrorists as baddies in their game"! Haven't heard that argument for the last Battlefield or Call of Duty or any other shooter game. Reminds me of American MSM argumentation (CNN, Fox News, etc.).
__________________
______________________________________
GamerTag/PSN: GunnSgtHartman
GunnSgtHartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #17
GunnSgtHartman
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Muslims don't need an excuse to kill people. Gay? toss you off a building, like shitty pop music? Blow up kids at a concert. Not think like they do? Chop your head off. Get the idea?

Bet you're excited to kill white folk though.
I would be delighted to play a shooter to torture and kill ISIS terrorists, probably more than shooting white rednecks. That being said, I'm looking forward to this setting too as it is fresh and exciting.
__________________
______________________________________
GamerTag/PSN: GunnSgtHartman
GunnSgtHartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #18
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
What I find most telling is how easily people can excuse Islamic extremism as a response to video games, cartoons,.etc and call it "sad". In the same breath they demonize white Christians and are almost giddy with happiness when there's even a possibility their imagined boogeyman is responsible for a mass shooting or bombing.
Who's excusing it?

It is sad - or unfortunate, distressing, lugubrious - that people would need to be concerned about using a particular group in fiction and casting them in a negative light, lest they suddenly find themselves on the receiving end of unnecessary violence. It is sad - or depressing, disheartening, heartbreaking - that such a violent, destructive group is out there, looming over virtually everyone in Western society.

Islamic terrorists are horrible people and they deserve absolutely everything they have coming to them.

None of this negates the fact that I'm interested in the plot and direction of this particular game.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #19
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead
 
SpectralThundr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston/Ontario
Posts: 8,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
Who's excusing it?

It is sad - or unfortunate, distressing, lugubrious - that people would need to be concerned about using a particular group in fiction and casting them in a negative light, lest they suddenly find themselves on the receiving end of unnecessary violence. It is sad - or depressing, disheartening, heartbreaking - that such a violent, destructive group is out there, looming over virtually everyone in Western society.

Islamic terrorists are horrible people and they deserve absolutely everything they have coming to them.

None of this negates the fact that I'm interested in the plot and direction of this particular game.
You may have not outright excused it, you've certainly tried to normalize it with all your examples, some going back decades of other types of terror like attacks however. Status Quo for those on the left in regards to Islam. Remember kids Islamic Terrorism is part and parcel of living in a big city.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...adiq-Khan.html
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:32 PM   #20
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist
 
Chimpbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Third Planet of the Black Hole
Posts: 8,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
You may have not outright excused it, you've certainly tried to normalize it with all your examples, some going back decades of other types of terror like attacks however. Status Quo for those on the left in regards to Islam. Remember kids Islamic Terrorism is part and parcel of living in a big city.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...adiq-Khan.html
If you actually bothered to pay attention to the context, I started back from the one of the biggest non-Islamic terrorist attacks on our soil in recent history - the Oklahoma City bombing. I wrote out the list because the topic at hand was "right-wing"/"Christian" terrorism. You love pointing out that I started the list back in '95...but the list extended all the way up through 2016.

A link I provided immediately after covered the list of major Islamic terrorist attacks post-9/11 on American soil. It was also quite extensive. I didn't write it out because - once again - the topic at hand was "right-wing"/"Christian" terrorism. If memory serves, someone attempted to say that it didn't really exist; I provided two decades worth of examples, leading right up through 2016.

I guess I just don't see how I'm minimizing or normalizing Islamic terrorism. It's obviously a big fucking deal at a global level.
__________________
EvAv's Senior Godzillaologist
Member of the Nintendo Offensive Front
Chimpbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
far cry 5, ubisoft

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 PM.