3 Replies, 579 Views
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC...
Last post by Major Dan
Yesterday 04:01 PM
6 Replies, 1,145 Views

Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #41
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

It's not just one reviewer. Like it matters either way if you like it buy it but don't tell other people it is the greatest thing ever because it sure as hell isn't. Usually all of these world "outbreaks" mythos/books/and movies suffer from a fatal flaw. We have discussed this at nausea though. So much a cracked article was spawned.

Again the only butthurt people here are the actual fanboys who for some reason can't enjoy the game and just ignore reviews. No, they rather defend it. On every single website ever. Seriously just go into any forum and you will see this. We have websites like EvAv for this very reason, to avoid all this bullshit.

---I'd say the best part so far was prob Ada's chapter. Everything else was more of a "turn off your brain/get stoned off your ass" to enjoy kinda thing. (I am quoting my friend I will not get this game until it hits the bargain bin.) Kinda glad I played the demo.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #42
Venkman
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic Pope View Post
Like it matters either way if you like it buy it but don't tell other people it is the greatest thing ever because it sure as hell isn't.
You're almost as enthusiastic about hating it as I am about loving it.

Quote:
Again the only butthurt people here are the actual fanboys who for some reason can't enjoy the game and just ignore reviews.
Oh, there's enough butt hurt to go around for everyone.

Quote:
No, they rather defend it. On every single website ever. Seriously just go into any forum and you will see this.
Yeah, I'll sing it's praises everywhere. I'm having a great time!

Quote:
We have websites like EvAv for this very reason, to avoid all this bullshit.
This site is filled with the same bullshit as everywhere else. It just gets personal faster because there are fewer users.

Quote:
(I am quoting my friend I will not get this game until it hits the bargain bin.) Kinda glad I played the demo.
You might find that $20 or so is the sweetspot to feel good about your ROI. mine was a gift. Can't beat the price of free!
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #43
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Actually ever since RE5 I knew Horror was dead in the series. I'm okay with that. But it doesn't excuse this Gears of War QTE lovechild. I seriously hate QTE. I could never truly like God of War because of them. Also dude that wasn't a review but feedback. Have you seen some of the posts on that site? They are EXTREME. Like you can't have one guy say for example "I'll get it but it just doesn't warrant a full price" while the other tells the guy "You idiot RE6 is perfection go play COD scrub". Ironically RE6 is built under COD's rules of stupidity. I mean tell me with a straight face that it doesn't feel like a Michael Bay film at times. The guys who are bashing the game aren't even old RE fans just people who got the game and weren't very happy with it. Old RE fans either adapted to actionbay or just stopped playing the games altogether.

Also where do you get off calling me a sheep? It is not like I do anything mainstream, like ever? Besides liking BL2 (which IP got popular out of nowhere). Aren't you more of a sheep by conforming to whatever Capcom gives you?
I called you a sheep because you are basically going, "Yeah! Look at these reviews! I told you!" without seemingly reading them. Any review that says the gameplay is good and that the cons have virtually nothing to do with gameplay yet the score is mediocre tells you that you've just read one shitty review.

I don't need to conform because I love the game... as I did RE5. Good games = good games, period. Just because a big element from past entries is gone doesn't mean the series can't continue to be good.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #44
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post

You might find that $20 or so is the sweetspot to feel good about your ROI. mine was a gift. Can't beat the price of free!
Eh, I won't have buyers remorse. Maybe 15 bucks?

PSP oh but I did read the reviews. Did you? Any game plagued by bad camera, shallow storyline and major use of QTE's isn't getting much love from me.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #45
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Eh, I won't have buyers remorse. Maybe 15 bucks?

PSP oh but I did read the reviews. Did you? Any game plagued by bad camera, shallow storyline and major use of QTE's isn't getting much love from me.
There are NO camera problems. Take it from me as bad camera is one thing I really can't stand. People are just LOOKING for reasons to bash the game. Camera is no different than any 3rd person RE. Completely standard.

That leaves QTE's as the only real annoyance (story is subjective); not enough to rate a game as being the shitter.

The rep this game is getting from reviews is flat-out slander. But again I suspect its from butt-hurt old-school RE fanboys that can't accept something being different than what they want.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #46
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPfreak View Post
I called you a sheep because you are basically going, "Yeah! Look at these reviews! I told you!" without seemingly reading them. Any review that says the gameplay is good and that the cons have virtually nothing to do with gameplay yet the score is mediocre tells you that you've just read one shitty review.

I don't need to conform because I love the game... as I did RE5. Good games = good games, period. Just because a big element from past entries is gone doesn't mean the series can't continue to be good.
In the modern era of gaming, we expect more from the art than good twitch cablooey. of course, if the story were nonexistent this would be less of an issue. Games are judged more negatively when failing at an attempt than when they choose not to try.

The removal of horror makes me MORE likely to play it. I cannot take scary games. I am scared of the dark.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #47
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
In the modern era of gaming, we expect more from the art than good twitch cablooey. of course, if the story were nonexistent this would be less of an issue. Games are judged more negatively when failing at an attempt than when they choose not to try.

The removal of horror makes me MORE likely to play it. I cannot take scary games. I am scared of the dark.
I really don't see what it's "failing" at. Does the game have some issues? Sure. Does "a few issues" warrant 3 or 4 out of 10 score? Fuck no.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #48
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
You magnificent troll.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #49
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

52 critic reviews are listed on Metacritic for RE6.
23 are positive.
23 are mixed.
6 are negative.

The negative reviews are clearly in the minority. Having Just finished the Jake campaign I can say from experience that this game is fun, and pretty good. As good as RE5 if not better. Having listened to many podcasts from the negative reviewers (Gamespot, Giantbomb, Joystiq) the majority of they're problems with the game are silly, funny, or simply didn't happen to me.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #50
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

So, to avoid being a sheep, I spent my $60 and bought this turd.

I'm 2 hours in playing the "Leon" sections. It's slow, annoying and not particularly fun.

Quote:
I love it because I love video games. Varied creature design, inspired animation and sound, superb lighting (the interior campus in Leon's campaign is GORGEOUS), expansive levels, and I have yet to see a framerate hit or wonky buggy behavior.
The interior of the campus is about as generic as you can get. There's no frame rate hit because everything is kept so dark, they don't have to render most of the screen. It's just a dark blob. Honestly, I thought maybe I was being too harsh on the game but, here it is. It's as bad or worse as I expected it to be. There are literally a couple minutes of gameplay followed by a cut scene or QTE. The shooting is poor. The zombies just absorb head shots like they're body shots. The level design is all narrow corridors. Even if you're in a wide open room, the furniture and debris are laid out to keep everything narrow.

How many frikin shots does it take to remove the head from a zombie? I specifically counted one time in the sewer/subway and it took 8 shots to the head to take down a zombie. He wasn't even a special zombie. He was just a cannon fodder zombie walking down the train tracks. The fact you have zombies laying on the ground who you KNOW are going to wake up and annoy you but, can't do anything about until you flip the invisible switch is equally annoying.

At the beginning of the level, they wouldn't even let me move at my own pace. I'm supposed to be looking for a lost girl so, they put me into slow walk every 30 seconds so I can pretend to look for this chick, who I know is actually someplace else because that's what the mission arrow is telling me. Everything about the game seems to say "slow down the game play, pretend it's a longer game than it really is".

It's a very average game. You and PSP must lead pretty empty lives if this is the kind game that keeps you entertained. You'd be much better off playing Skyrim or Borderlands 2 over again. At least they're fun.

So, my response to Venkman and PSP is they they're horrible game reviewers. Metracritic shows this game as running a professional score of 66, a user score of 0.9 . 5-6 is fair. It's not the worst game I've every played. It's just very average. Bulletstorm was better.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:41 AM   #51
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKwan View Post
So, to avoid being a sheep, I spent my $60 and bought this turd.

I'm 2 hours in playing the "Leon" sections. It's slow, annoying and not particularly fun.

The interior of the campus is about as generic as you can get. There's no frame rate hit because everything is kept so dark, they don't have to render most of the screen. It's just a dark blob. Honestly, I thought maybe I was being too harsh on the game but, here it is. It's as bad or worse as I expected it to be. There are literally a couple minutes of gameplay followed by a cut scene or QTE. The shooting is poor. The zombies just absorb head shots like they're body shots. The level design is all narrow corridors. Even if you're in a wide open room, the furniture and debris are laid out to keep everything narrow.

How many frikin shots does it take to remove the head from a zombie? I specifically counted one time in the sewer/subway and it took 8 shots to the head to take down a zombie. He wasn't even a special zombie. He was just a cannon fodder zombie walking down the train tracks. The fact you have zombies laying on the ground who you KNOW are going to wake up and annoy you but, can't do anything about until you flip the invisible switch is equally annoying.

At the beginning of the level, they wouldn't even let me move at my own pace. I'm supposed to be looking for a lost girl so, they put me into slow walk every 30 seconds so I can pretend to look for this chick, who I know is actually someplace else because that's what the mission arrow is telling me. Everything about the game seems to say "slow down the game play, pretend it's a longer game than it really is".

It's a very average game. You and PSP must lead pretty empty lives if this is the kind game that keeps you entertained. You'd be much better off playing Skyrim or Borderlands 2 over again. At least they're fun.

So, my response to Venkman and PSP is they they're horrible game reviewers. Metracritic shows this game as running a professional score of 66, a user score of 0.9 . 5-6 is fair. It's not the worst game I've every played. It's just very average. Bulletstorm was better.
So you're too lazy to up the brightness and a little extra effort to kill enemies bothers you, Gotcha.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 AM   #52
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
So you're too lazy to up the brightness and a little extra effort to kill enemies bothers you, Gotcha.
Haha, I'm sheep if I believe the reviews and then when I buy it, my complaints are really my lack of skill and not knowing how to turn up the gamma (which I've turned up to the point the fog is blooming).

I've not called any names yet but, you're the definition of "butt hurt gamer". You demand that people like the crap you like even when it's pretty clear you're the one in the wrong. What kind of psychology is that? Why do you get butt-hurt when someone doesn't like a game that you had nothing to do with making? I mean I could understand if it was your game.

You know, I knew you would do this. It's called "can't attack the message, attack the messenger".
Old 10-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #53
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Haha, I'm sheep if I believe the reviews and then when I buy it, my complaints are really my lack of skill and not knowing how to turn up the gamma (which I've turned up to the point the fog is blooming). You didn't really address any of my complaints.

I've not called any names yet but, you're the definition of "butt hurt gamer". You demand that people like the crap you like even when it's pretty clear you're the one in the wrong. What kind of psychology is that? Why do you get butt-hurt when someone doesn't like a game that you had nothing to do with making? I mean I could understand if it was your game.

You know, I knew you would do this. It's called "can't attack the message, attack the messenger".
Old 10-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #54
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Oh shit. SOrry for the double post.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #55
PSPfreak
Banned

I'm not demanding anything. You're free to like or dislike whatever you please, but I'm annoyed with the fact that apparently most gamers these days can't handle a little challenge anymore and anyone else is simply rating the game poorly because "WAH, it's not scary anymore!"

I'm certainly not "in the wrong" for enjoying a damn good game and being a little annoyed by a MASS amount of reviewers judging the game on mostly things that have NOTHING to do with the gameplay. So simply because of the button-pressing cinematic the game gets scored 4 or 5 (love how no one gives the game any notches for doing quite a few innovative things as an RE title always does)? But yet the newest Gears, COD or Halo always gets scored an 8 or higher. Reviews have become a joke.

Believe what you want, but someone trying to tell me RE6 is a 4/10 is an insult to my intelligence... and their credibility.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #56
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Quote:
...annoyed by a MASS amount of reviewers judging the game...

52 critic reviews are listed on Metacritic for RE6.

23 are positive.
23 are mixed.
6 are negative.

The majority of reviewers like the game, or think its decent. Only 6 reviewers rated it bad. Not really a "mass amount."

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #57
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
You got this...out off all his complaints? You have become Teecakes man. RE6 is your Sony.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #58
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
You got this...out off all his complaints? You have become Teecakes man. RE6 is your Sony.
The two things I mentioned were mostly what he complained about so I responded appropriately. If anyone's being a "TeeCakes" it would be you. You're posting reviews on here going "Hell yeah!" when any person who was reading the first one you posted could tell it was an extremely poor review.

RE6 is a good game, people. Get over it.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #59
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
RE6 is a good game, people. Get over it.
Oh so it is just a good game now? Because before you spoke higher of it.

Tags
blind can see?, capcom, no they can't, resident evil 2