Today 06:46 AM
14 Replies, 617 Views

Old 01-19-2019, 10:11 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Bungie Reaffirms Commitment to Destiny and Discusses Future Steps

Game Informer has the story.

Quote:
Hot off the heels of its split from Activision, Bungie is already discussing openly its plans and goals for Destiny. In the latest "This Week At Bungie" blog, franchise director Luke Smith took some time to assure fans that Destiny is still Bungie's main focus. The blog post opens with a thank you to Activision, High Moon Studios, and lastly, Vicarious Visions "who is currently readying their Destiny swan song with content that will appear in the upcoming Season of [Redacted]. "

After the tease, Smith outlined short-term and long-term goals. Right now, Bungie is executing on its promises for the Annual Pass content. "We've learned a lot from Black Armory that we will apply to future releases, most notably that we'd like the beginning experiences of content drops to be a better point of convergence for the playerbase," Smith said, noting that the power requirement for the first forge was "too high."

"We want to find the line between new content that many players can play, and aspirational content for players to progress toward. We're exploring improvements to catch-up mechanics for players in upcoming seasons," he explained.

For those worried about Destiny's path going forward, Smith reassured fans that more content is on the way and the future looks bright. "Long-term, Bungie is committed to Destiny," he said. "We created the universe and we hold its future entirely in our hands. The vast majority of the team is hard at work envisioning future experiences, enemies, and ways to play the Guardian you've been building since 2014. We're going to keep doing that."
Read on.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 05:26 PM   #2
Terran
Evil Dead

I give Bungie five years before they're dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:15 PM   #3
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Or less, or they sell themselves to a publisher. It'd be hilarious if they went back to Microsoft begging to be acquired.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:45 PM   #4
Exodus
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
meh they're gonna enter the chinese market and make some shitty gotcha game
Old 01-19-2019, 09:09 PM   #5
Terran
Evil Dead

You don't 'enter' the Chinese gaming market, you get bought up by one of their companies and turned into a part of the microtransaction Borg, or you keep your 'independence' by not owning anything you do in China and giving your technology to them in a bendover banging.
Quote:
Old 01-19-2019, 11:00 PM   #6
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
After the tease, Smith outlined short-term and long-term goals. Right now, Bungie is executing on its promises for the Annual Pass content. "We've learned a lot from Black Armory that we will apply to future releases, most notably that we'd like the beginning experiences of content drops to be a better point of convergence for the playerbase," Smith said, noting that the power requirement for the first forge was "too high."
So apparently selling DLC that over half of the player base can't even access, and not letting them know that prior to selling it, is not a good idea? Who would have thought? Apparently Bungie didn't.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:29 AM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
So apparently selling DLC that over half of the player base can't even access, and not letting them know that prior to selling it, is not a good idea?
It will be a good idea again when they're bought off life support by Tencent, lol.
Quote:
Old 01-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #8
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
So apparently selling DLC that over half of the player base can't even access, and not letting them know that prior to selling it, is not a good idea? Who would have thought? Apparently Bungie didn't.
Someday they might say "It was arrogance killed the Bungie."

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:33 PM   #9
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

So I got a little bit into a Sci-fi mood watching Anthem trailer so I went and loaded up Destiny 2 yesterday. I decided to start a new character to get back in the swing of things. Of course they still don’t let you skip the tutorial <boring> then eventually you get to drop into the first real zone.

Almost right off the bat you can see areas that you have to have the annual pass to access.

Also, for some reason there was some level 605 critter (max gear level enemy I believe) which one-shot me and my level 3 buddy when we were trying to cross a bridge to finish the one of the starter adventures.

Then I went to see what it would cost me to catch up on content: $75 bucks to get Foresaken and the Annual pass. This is after spending $80 on the Game and the Season Pass. This is crazy high cost for one game.

So I don’t play Destiny 2 any more.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:55 PM   #10
Chief Smash
Subscriber

I just picked up the Forsaken Legendary Collection for $35 from Best Buy (price matched from Amazon.) It seemed like a reasonable price of entry and I'm enjoying it so far. But for some reason, Black Ops 4 has been sucking up more of my time. For all of its flaws, I really enjoy the gunplay.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:50 PM   #11
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

They affirm their commitment to the character you have been building, by scrapping Destiny 2 and developing Destiny 3 and making you start your character over again like they did when they went from Destiny 1 to Destiny 2.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:07 PM   #12
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
They affirm their commitment to the character you have been building, by scrapping Destiny 2 and developing Destiny 3 and making you start your character over again like they did when they went from Destiny 1 to Destiny 2.
And who is Bungie going to get to foot half the dev and likely 100% of the marketing cost this time? Tencent? Which should alarm people how much a Chinese publisher is buying up large portions of American developers and studios like Epic and Activision etc.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:12 AM   #13
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
And who is Bungie going to get to foot half the dev and likely 100% of the marketing cost this time? Tencent? Which should alarm people how much a Chinese publisher is buying up large portions of American developers and studios like Epic and Activision etc.
Epic Games.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:14 AM   #14
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Epic Games.
So Tencent basically..
Old 01-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #15
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

The only way Epic would help fund Bungie would be if they switched to the Unreal Engine and became an Epic Games store exclusive (for the PC version at least).

That would be a major win for Epic.

Also, as far as I know Tencent doesn't own a majority of Epic... yet. I suspect the Billions of bucks Epic has made now will ensure Epic remains mostly independent.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:58 PM   #16
karaliusbronius
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
So I got a little bit into a Sci-fi mood watching Anthem trailer so I went and loaded up Destiny 2 yesterday. I decided to start a new character to get back in the swing of things. Of course they still donít let you skip the tutorial <boring> then eventually you get to drop into the first real zone.

Almost right off the bat you can see areas that you have to have the annual pass to access.

Also, for some reason there was some level 605 critter (max gear level enemy I believe) which one-shot me and my level 3 buddy when we were trying to cross a bridge to finish the one of the starter adventures.

Then I went to see what it would cost me to catch up on content: $75 bucks to get Foresaken and the Annual pass. This is after spending $80 on the Game and the Season Pass. This is crazy high cost for one game.

So I donít play Destiny 2 any more.
You're doing it wrong. First, don't attack a creature that is that much higher level than you, it will be indicated above them. As far as the cost, if you're like me and play every other day its worth it. I've definitely got my money's worth! If you are just starting out, you can pay $99 and get everything on PS4.
karaliusbronius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:46 PM   #17
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
The only way Epic would help fund Bungie would be if they switched to the Unreal Engine and became an Epic Games store exclusive (for the PC version at least).

That would be a major win for Epic.

Also, as far as I know Tencent doesn't own a majority of Epic... yet. I suspect the Billions of bucks Epic has made now will ensure Epic remains mostly independent.
That is why I said Epic Games, I was thinking that they are planning to take Destiny 3 and make it an Epic Games Store exclusive. Otherwise, why break off from Activision/Blizzard in the first place?
Old 01-21-2019, 07:49 PM   #18
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Otherwise, why break off from Activision/Blizzard in the first place?
Maybe Activision is sick of the stink of mediocrity and pushed them out.
Quote:
Old 01-21-2019, 08:17 PM   #19
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaliusbronius View Post
You're doing it wrong. First, don't attack a creature that is that much higher level than you, it will be indicated above them. As far as the cost, if you're like me and play every other day its worth it. I've definitely got my money's worth! If you are just starting out, you can pay $99 and get everything on PS4.
Hey Captain Patronizing, I wasn’t attacking shit. I’m pretty good at this whole video game thing and noticed I wasn’t going to make progress against when it 1-shot me the second I came into range.

So I tried to go around it (there’s a gulch and a sewer pipe you can go through, it is where you run into the very first rocket bike patrol) but even then the aggro and attack range made it a pretty unpossible to avoid death.

The designers (and you by extension for not bothering to understand the issue) are retarded think this is good in any way.

Annual Pass required? Foresaken? I hope not. Doesn’t matter cause I’m not dropping $80 on a might-a be worth it. Maybe when it hits the bargain-bargain bin.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #20
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Hey Captain Patronizing, I wasnít attacking shit. Iím pretty good at this whole video game thing and noticed I wasnít going to make progress against when it 1-shot me the second I came into range.

So I tried to go around it (thereís a gulch and a sewer pipe you can go through, it is where you run into the very first rocket bike patrol) but even then the aggro and attack range made it a pretty unpossible to avoid death.
Sounds like you fucked up.
Quote:

Tags
bungie, destiny, destiny 2