9 Replies, 685 Views

Old 08-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Rumor: Resident Evil 2 Remake in the Works #ResidentEvil #Biohazard

Yes please.

Destructoid reports:

Quote:
This theoretical Resident Evil 2 remake project is starting to possibly take form this week. After asking fans what they would want to see out of the remake, Capcom R&D Division 1 once again took to Facebook to note that it has already gone to the publisher's heads to pitch the project, as confirmed by Yoshiaki Hirabayashi.

Capcom has noted that remakes will be a big part of their business model going forward, and you know what? As long as they turn out to be as good as Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, I'm okay with that. It's far better than the recent moves Capcom has been making.
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:07 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Did Capcom forget how to make new games?
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emabulator View Post
Hey, hey! Shut up! Any other time I'd agree with you but this is something I've been foaming at the mouth for for YEARS now. If this is really officially going to happen I might have an orgasm just from that alone.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #4
Transylmania
Evil Dead

I remain cautiously optimistic.
Transylmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:26 PM   #5
Sensei-X
Evil Dead

Quote:
No, they just finally came to the realization that just like Square and FFVII they were being dumb motherfuckers for not giving fans something that they've been asking for for years. Now if only some other clueless asshole would get a clue as well, yes Gabe Newell I'm looking at you bitch!
Old 08-03-2015, 10:04 PM   #6
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei-X View Post
No, they just finally came to the realization that just like Square and FFVII they were being dumb motherfuckers for not giving fans something that they've been asking for for years. Now if only some other clueless asshole would get a clue as well, yes Gabe Newell I'm looking at you bitch!
To each their own, would rather see new games rather than HD versions of 15 year old titles.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:09 PM   #7
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
People don't seem to like their new games.

I think, when you have an old franchise that people are still interested in, but not interested in anything new you do with it.. you just go remake old crap.

Plus RE always had a really dumb story that can't really go anywhere. If I'm not mistaken, the Umbrella issue was resolved ages ago and they just keep shuffling their feet to invent reasons for it to continue going.

It's kind of like Jurassic Park, in that regard. You can get one or two games out of the premise, but really no more than that.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:03 AM   #8
alienchild
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
To each their own, would rather see new games rather than HD versions of 15 year old titles.
This is not a simple upscaled HD version, this is a remake. Resident Evil got one and it was brilliant. I am hoping that a RE2 remake will sell well enough to make Capcom make a new old-schooled type Resident Evil game again.

Also they should really push out their old catalogue (RE games or otherwise) on PC like SquareEnix has been doing. The revenue that could bring for a back catalogue like they have is insane.
alienchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:43 AM   #9
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

I'm surprised how popular the RE games are, the older ones are terrible. The controls are clunky making it hard to move, there are frequent loading scenes, and saves are few and far between. If RE1 was released by an indie studio today, it would be panned.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:51 AM   #10
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
The controls are clunky making it hard to move
That's a FEATURE of RE games, not a bug. You're crippled (because clearly, nobody can fire a weapon while moving, lol!) intentionally, to supposedly amp up the tension. I suppose I'd feel more tension if I were forced to move at the pace of a 90-year-old with a walker, too.

Overrated series is overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #11
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
I'm surprised how popular the RE games are, the older ones are terrible. The controls are clunky making it hard to move, there are frequent loading scenes, and saves are few and far between. If RE1 was released by an indie studio today, it would be panned.
I don't understand people complaining about the controls in RE. The controls fit fine for what kind of game it is, and more than that, there was no OTHER control system to have. analog sticks didn't exist at the time. Dual analog sticks CERTAINLY didn't exist at the time.

The shifting cameras in RE, and more accurately Alone In The Dark which it's based on, means that having absolute control would be confusing when the camera shifts perspective. Having relative control allows the player to be able to make more sense out of what is going on. If you want to know what absolutely control would be like in that style of game, I *think* Fear Effect had it. I don't recall the game controlling any better.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #12
PSPfreak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
... But it wasn't released today, it was released in the mid 1990's. So... I don't see your point.
PSPfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biohazard, kendo gun shop!, resident evil 2