0 Replies, 194 Views
8 GREAT Nintendo Switch...
Last post by blackzc
Yesterday 05:02 PM
6 Replies, 335 Views

Old 12-30-2019, 01:47 PM   #21
Terran
Evil Dead

It's a good series. I think the raves (here and elsewhere) are a bit hyperbolic, but most other Star Wars content is so freaking bad that there's a bit of a famine going that makes this series taste like a delicious Ruth's Chris steak (or pick your main course of choice). Honestly, the best part of the show is Pedro Pascal. He has been absolutely fantastic, and that is no exaggeration. His vocal delivery has been spot on for the character.

As for Disney+, I subbed for three years at a greatly reduced rate, and I think by the third year it may have been worth it, lol. Unless you've been living under a rock, you've seen all they have to offer already and really don't want to see it again any time soon.

Netflix, otoh, has really been impressing me lately. So much original content, more and more of it interesting to me and just not being produced elsewhere. For example, I'm enjoying the series about Kevin Hart. Some really unique stuff on Netflix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 02:15 PM   #22
actusoul
Evil Dead

EXCELLENT. My son and I loved every minute of it. This is how STAR WARS needs to be done. Looking forward to future seasons. They have a winner!!! Gives me hope for the franchise.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 01:47 AM   #23
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Really enjoyed the first season. Quite looking forward to more. I agree that the pacing feels great during the battle scenes, you really get to see everything rather than the typical SW OMG LASERS EVERYWHERE! I wish they'd let Favreau head the main series instead of the Jar Jar Abrams shit we keep getting.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 02:18 PM   #24
actusoul
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Really enjoyed the first season. Quite looking forward to more. I agree that the pacing feels great during the battle scenes, you really get to see everything rather than the typical SW OMG LASERS EVERYWHERE! I wish they'd let Favreau head the main series instead of the Jar Jar Abrams shit we keep getting.
Good point. I call it the "transformers syndrome". Lasers and blur.. Michael Bay is a cancer to cinema.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 02:27 PM   #25
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by actusoul View Post
Good point. I call it the "transformers syndrome". Lasers and blur.. Michael Bay is a cancer to cinema.
As the President and only member of the Evil Avatar Michael Bay Fan Club I insist you retract your statement! Michael Bay has dedicated his life to the enhancement of our summer blockbuster experience! Without the guidance of his Holiness how would we know that there can never be too many explosions in movies?

The world owes Michael Bay more than they can ever repay.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 03:22 PM   #26
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallor View Post
As the President and only member of the Evil Avatar Michael Bay Fan Club...
Hey, I love Michael Bay's Pain & Gain and... and well I guess that's really it but that's a great film.

Bay was also the executive producer of Black Sails, one of the best series ever put out there imo. I gotta give him some credit there as well.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:38 AM   #27
vallor
Michael Bay Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
Hey, I love Michael Bay's Pain & Gain and... and well I guess that's really it but that's a great film.

Bay was also the executive producer of Black Sails, one of the best series ever put out there imo. I gotta give him some credit there as well.
Even most haters will give him credit on "Bad Boys", "The Rock", and "Pain & Gain".

It might surprise people to learn he was also a producer for "A Quiet Place". For every second of silence in that movie he is allowed 10 more explosions or 2 car chases.

I think he used most of them on "6 Underground" which is why he's producing "A Quiet Place 2"; he needs to stock back up.
vallor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the mandalorian