Last post by ElektroDragon
Today 12:47 AM
5 Replies, 589 Views

Old 07-18-2019, 08:12 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Northgard for Consoles Launches September 26, Free Expansion Announced for PC

Quote:
Shiro Games expands Northgard universe with new Northgard: Conquest mode, console release date and board game

French indie studio Shiro Games has revealed today a series of major news for their best-selling Viking strategy game Northgard. The announcements come ahead of the team’s presence at gamescom 2019, where they will show all the Northgard projects behind closed doors.

• Northgard: Conquest is the next major free expansion for the original Steam version (Windows/Mac/Linux) of the popular strategy game and will feature a new procedurally generated campaign mode. Northgard: Conquest allows players to cooperatively chart their way to victory with each player receiving tailor-made missions and objectives, ensuring that each playthrough will be radically different. The new mode is scheduled to be released in October 2019.

• Shiro Games is also bringing Northgard to the console, announcing today that the popular strategy game will make its debut on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on the 26th of September 2019. A physical retail version of the game will also be made available at the same time. Northgard on console will feature all the content found in the Steam base version including the major Ragnarok and Relics updates, as well as reworked user interface and controls.

• Northgard: Uncharted Lands is a brand-new board game set in the Northgard universe. It transforms all the Viking clan action, resource gathering, village building, and strategic scheming from the digital original into a visually striking physical game steeped in Norse mythology. Aimed at strategy fans of all ages and experience levels, Northgard: Uncharted Lands is designed to be played by two to five players. As with the popular PC version, players take control of their own Viking clan and explore and conquer new territories, brave the harshest of winters, fight (or befriend) mythical beings and creatures, and defeat any foe on the road to ultimate victory.

Shiro Games will be present at gamescom 2019 to present all three of the above Northgard projects, as well as their upcoming cooperative action survival game Darksburg, to selected media. Appointments are available now.

Northgard was released originally on Steam Early Access on February 22nd, 2017, where it quickly rose to become one of the most popular strategy games on the platform, selling over 1 million copies. The game officially launched out of Early Access on March 7th, 2018, and was one of the highest-rated PC strategy titles to be released in the year, with a Metascore of 80.

More information can be found on the Steam, Facebook, and Twitter pages.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:12 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:39 PM   #3
Skunk
Evil Dead

Played this on PC and still keep it on my Surface for when I travel. It's a pretty fun strategy/management game, but repeated sessions can start to feel samey. Art and Music are top notch.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:39 PM   #4
Azzy
Cthulian

I picked up this game in very early "Green Light". Right out the gates the art and style are fantastic, well realized. The game was pretty shallow though, linear and predictable.
I went back about a year ago, maybe two, and it hadn't added enough to really sink a hook.
How it is now, I dunno, aside from knowing it's still pretty to look at.
If it's inexpensive I'd say give it a shot but I wouldn't pay a ton for what I know of it.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
northgard