Weekend Headbanger -...
Last post by Meeks
09-21-2019 06:28 PM
10 Replies, 388 Views

Old 11-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
randir14
Subscriber

First Footage of World War Z Movie

The Film Stage has a 30 second commercial showing some footage from the World War Z film starring Brad Pitt.
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
montemuscle1970
Evil Dead

I haven't heard of this until now, but it didn't look good. Did I see zombies make a pillar of themselves like ants do? Looks like a sequel to I Am Legend, which butchered the book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by presage View Post
I'd like to go see PETA throw blood all over some native American's for wearing animal fur.
montemuscle1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
wunshot
Subscriber

The book WWZ was incredible.

Whats up with the zombies rolling like waves on a beach? That's fucking dumb. Zombies are supposed to shamble....not charge like orcs.

When the army was overwhelmed in the books it was because of sheer numbers and weapons that weren't created to decapitate the enemy, not because the zombies flew over buses going 30 MPH.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
KlausFlouride
Poisoned 2 my rotten core

The book had a meh ending. The story up until the end was great. I can't image this is going to make a great movie.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
LBXAC20

Hopefully they leave the blind Japanese grandpa nuclear survivor story out. That part of the book was completely ridiculous.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
DrGonzo51
Death Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBXAC20 View Post
Hopefully they leave the blind Japanese grandpa nuclear survivor story out. That part of the book was completely ridiculous.
That was the BEST PART!

I agree this looks like an "I Am Legend" flavored turd
DrGonzo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
Steve_Erhardt
Pancake Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBXAC20 View Post
but hopefully they include the story of the Japanese kid who was so into doing stuff on his computer that the world goes to hell and he has no idea until he finally takes a break. I really liked that one but they didn't include it in the audiobook. *shrug*
Steve_Erhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
Azrael
Evil Dead

Havent read the books (but they just went on the to buy list) but that is a messed up interpretation of how zombies are supposed to act... it was like a swarm of bugs or something
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #9
eilaw
Knight

that short clip didn't show anything i recognized from the book. even how the zombies move. book describes them as a slow, shambling mass not a coked up, meth fried undead.

i was super excited when i heard they were doing an adaptation, but i'm a little weary now. will need to see more before i decide.
eilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #10
actusoul
Evil Dead

The books are EXCELLENT!!! A must read if you like zombies. I was excited at first. Now just a little hesitant. I didn't picture the zombies like this. Just being overwhelmed by sheer slow moving numbers... not starship troopers zombies.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #11
Azzy
Cthulian

disliking that a movie varies from a book, just because it does, is fucking stupid. they absolutely have to.

when was the last time you read a book, a 500+ page standard font BOOK, in 74 minutes? and were able to digest it to the point that you could call out flaws in character and scenery?
and if you're that very special person, do you really think a movie version of your experience is what's going to generate profit for a business? should movies from books really only be by four chapters and span a seven compliment offering?

when I first heard that this book was going to be a movie I thought "how fucking BORING". a movie that's a reporter who travels the world and interviews people. WOW. regardless of subject the average person is a pretty horrible story teller. then let's make that reporter brad goddamn pitt. wheeeee.

please. have these zombies be a literal wave of thrashing, biting, festering, boiling physical virus. have them not shoulder around each other like businessmen in an airport, but not even see the other as a peer. climb over them, use them as a tool, push forward and toward your goal with the fervor of the undead.
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:22 AM   #12
eilaw
Knight

if it's going to be "adapted" to the point that it's not in-sync with the book anymore, then don't do it and make a whole new movie. Lord of the Rings series is a great example of being faithful to the material and being an excellent movie.

The book has chapters full of action as well as drama.

Based on the albeit short clips, it's nothing but a generic zombie action flick at the moment. Could be a great one, but it's not World War Z.
eilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:43 AM   #13
Medic454
Dread Lord

I'm not sure which book you all read but the "World War Z" I read was horrible! I had to put the book down for good when I got to the middle just because it was so bad and unintresting. This little clip doesn't look anything like the book either but I'll go see this based solely on the way the trailor looks.
Medic454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #14
bigdaddybwb3
Subscriber

What you got there is a big ole pile of frozen poopy. See the peanut!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #15
Sammael
Nope, nope. Not this time

This looks dumb. I hope it is not representative of the entire film, but talk about stupid looking. You want to see scary zombie mayhem? Watch any of the scenes outside the mall in the remake of Dawn of the Dead. This looks toooootally dumb.

Biggest Ranger Fan on EA!!!!!!!!
Lets go Rangers!!!!
Sammael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #16
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

The remake? All I can think about is that black guy trying to sell me shit from Radioshack. :P
Old 11-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #17
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

That trailer did not look good.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #18
Mav
Moderator & Nerd For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
The book WWZ was incredible.

Whats up with the zombies rolling like waves on a beach? That's fucking dumb. Zombies are supposed to shamble....not charge like orcs.

When the army was overwhelmed in the books it was because of sheer numbers and weapons that weren't created to decapitate the enemy, not because the zombies flew over buses going 30 MPH.
Exactly. The Battle of Yonkers (I think that's the correct name) was friggin epic, the Army was literally throwing everything at them minus nuclear weapons and their sheer numbers were too much. Now that, is some scary shit when a massive military force cannot hold back the on coming flood of undead.

I don't see how the trailer was bad. I mean yea their obviously playing up Brad Pitt's character, a lot. The book focused on a lot of different people around the world. But the rest of it? Looked great. That's exactly how the book described a lot of the undead hordes charging at people in mass numbers.
Raptr mavgeek
Twitter @Maverickroll
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #19
wunshot
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Exactly. The Battle of Yonkers (I think that's the correct name) was friggin epic, the Army was literally throwing everything at them minus nuclear weapons and their sheer numbers were too much. Now that, is some scary shit when a massive military force cannot hold back the on coming flood of undead.

I don't see how the trailer was bad. I mean yea their obviously playing up Brad Pitt's character, a lot. The book focused on a lot of different people around the world. But the rest of it? Looked great. That's exactly how the book described a lot of the undead hordes charging at people in mass numbers.
I expected the movie to be ten short films that tied together with a narrator (the reporter) as the common thread. The reporter himself didn't do anything in the books, let alone be "one man who was trying to save the world". I wish I had Brad Pitt's money so I could have optioned the novel and done this remotely like the book.
wunshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #20
rubbishfoo
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunshot View Post
I expected the movie to be ten short films that tied together with a narrator (the reporter) as the common thread. The reporter himself didn't do anything in the books, let alone be "one man who was trying to save the world". I wish I had Brad Pitt's money so I could have optioned the novel and done this remotely like the book.
I was hoping they would do that too.

I guess this is why I read more than watch.

Tags
world war z