Last post by PacerDawn
Yesterday 10:05 AM
6 Replies, 424 Views

Old 02-14-2019, 10:40 AM   #41
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Yah but that's the same argument Destiny 2 fans said when people called it Destiny 1.5. It's the same stuff all around really. I want new experiences and Division just didn't seem to be offering that up, nothing wrong with it, just not full price material.

I get that they're limited by the theme they've chosen, but that's sort of what I mean. There's really only so far they can take it, and I certainly didn't find the story in the first one to be compelling enough to hang a game off (hell, I barely remember what it was and can't recall any named characters at all).
I'd go as far to say there's far less diferences between Destiny 1 and 2 than here. Basically you're trying to find who caused the outbreak, April Keener who writes all the survival guides you find in the first game is the wife of the rogue Division agent Arron Keener who you are clashing with throughout the first game. April is likely dead, and he obviously knows more of what happened than the player which is likely why he went rogue. For the type of game it is, the story isn't really that terrible when you put it up against other games in the genre. It's certainly Tom Clancyish. It got me enough to at least want to see how it plays out. Add in the personal stories with all the collectable phone messages in the games and to me it adds a bit of lore into how people dealt with the situation. Is it Pulitzer prize winning writing? Nope but for a fictional looter shooter plot its not nearly that terrible imo.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:58 AM   #42
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Hey if you're into it that's great. Like I said I don't remember any of the story, much less any of the names of the characters in that story, and I couldn't tell you anything about any of the collectibles in it despite getting them all in the first one heh.

Meanwhile I could tell you a few things about the Destiny 2 characters and story, despite putting more times into the Division. Perhaps it's just a time thing? But then again in Division 2 the only character that I recall was alcoholic disabled single parent black woman. What her name was? No idea.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:05 AM   #43
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

It's likely a setting thing for me too, I tend to prefer more realistic settings than say Destiny or Anthem. Again to each their own.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:13 AM   #44
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Oh for sure, I'm not a fan of "realistic" settings very much. How many times am I going to virtually shoot an AK-47 or M4? How many god damn times must I do this in my life?!
Old 02-14-2019, 11:34 AM   #45
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Oh for sure, I'm not a fan of "realistic" settings very much. How many times am I going to virtually shoot an AK-47 or M4? How many god damn times must I do this in my life?!
All the times!!! Reminds me of the GLA angry mob upgrade voiceover from Command & Conquer Generals "AK 47's for everyone!! alalala"
Old 02-14-2019, 11:49 AM   #46
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
All the times!!! Reminds me of the GLA angry mob upgrade voiceover from Command & Conquer Generals "AK 47's for everyone!! alalala"
Heh my friends and I routinely quote the many amazing lines from that game...
Old 02-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #47
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Heh my friends and I routinely quote the many amazing lines from that game...
Still my favorite RTS.

Tags
the division 2