Yesterday 12:00 PM
1 Replies, 150 Views

Old 12-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

New Nvidia Drivers

GeForce 310.70 WHQL Drivers: An Essential Upgrade For All GeForce GTX Gamers

Quote:
The new GeForce 310.70 WHQL drivers are now available to download. The culmination of our recent beta releases, these WHQL drivers improve performance by up to 37% in the year's most popular games, add TXAA support to Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Assassin's Creed III, make Sparse Grid Supersampling easier to use, get your system ready for the latest releases, including Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution and Planetside 2, and resolve key issues, like shadow flickering in Assassin's Creed III.
Update: GeForce 314.07 WHQL Drivers: Optimized For Crysis 3, Assassin’s Creed 3 & Far Cry 3

Quote:
The new GeForce 314.07 WHQL driver is now available to download. An essential update for gamers jumping into Crysis 3 this week, 314.07 WHQL improves single-GPU and multi-GPU performance in Crytek’s sci-fi shooter by up to 65%.

Other highlights include sizeable SLI and single-GPU performance gains of up to 27% in Assassin’s Creed III, 19% in Civilization V, 14% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, 14% in DiRT 3, 11% in Just Cause 2, 10% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, 10% in F1 2012, and 10% in Far Cry 3.
New drivers will be added at the end of this thread as they become available.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
Rommel
International Playboy

The last set were reactionary to the wonderful AMD drivers. Perhaps these give Nvidia the single-card speed crown they lost with the Never-Settle release.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
randir14
Subscriber

Looks like they finally fixed "BF3.exe has stopped working".
randir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

I was glad to see they were WHQL instead of beta for a change.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

GeForce 314.07 WHQL Drivers: Optimized For Crysis 3, Assassin’s Creed 3 & Far Cry 3

Quote:
The new GeForce 314.07 WHQL driver is now available to download. An essential update for gamers jumping into Crysis 3 this week, 314.07 WHQL improves single-GPU and multi-GPU performance in Crytek’s sci-fi shooter by up to 65%.

Other highlights include sizeable SLI and single-GPU performance gains of up to 27% in Assassin’s Creed III, 19% in Civilization V, 14% in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, 14% in DiRT 3, 11% in Just Cause 2, 10% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, 10% in F1 2012, and 10% in Far Cry 3.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #6
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

GeForce 314.22 WHQL Drivers: Ready For BioShock Infinite

Quote:
The new GeForce 314.22 WHQL driver is now available to download. Featuring performance optimizations of up to 41% in BioShock Infinite, and 71% in Tomb Raider, 314.22 WHQL is an essential update for all GeForce GTX systems. Other highlights include single-GPU and SLI performance improvements of up to 30% in Civilization V, 22% in Sniper Elite V2, and 12% in Sleeping Dogs.

314.22 WHQL also includes SLI profiles for Dungeons & Dragons: Neverwinter, Resident Evil 6, and Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army; 3D Vision profiles for Brutal Legend, MUD, and Tomb Raider; and a NVIDIA Control Panel Ambient Occlusion profile for BioShock Infinite.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
lockwoodx
Photobomber

Because if you didn't have an nvidia card you can't enjoy these products as originally intended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #8
Syl
Evil Dead

I'm curious when the next AMD driver beta is going to be. It's been a while since the (awesome) 13.2 betas. I'd like some bioshock or RE6 optimized drivers.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
Rommel
International Playboy

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6913/n...2000-available

New BETA drivers available.

AMD is going to have a new driver out soon to coincide with the official 7990 release. The goal is not to increase framerates, which are already better than what Nvidia offers for more money, but to finally fix its adaptive VSync and microstuttering issues. We'll see.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #10
Rommel
International Playboy

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/gef...iew,23951.html
Quote:
Nvidia this week released a new 326.80 Game Ready driver, which the company is touting for a better experience in Splinter Cell: Blacklist and a variety of other games. Nvidia is also recommending it as an update for WIndows 8.1 Preview.

The GeForce R326 drivers increase performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games compared to the GeForce 320.49 WHQL-certified drivers. Though results will vary depending on your graphics card and system, Nvidia offers the following as an example of measured gains:

GeForce GTX 770:

Up to 15% in Dirt: Showdown
Up to 6% in Tomb Raider
GeForce GTX 770 SLI:

Up to 19% in Dirt: Showdown
Up to 11% in F1 2012
SLI Technology

Added SLI profile for Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Added SLI profile for Batman: Arkham Origins
SHIELD

Enables GeForce to SHIELD streaming.
4K Displays

Adds support for additional tiled 4K displays
Extended support for tiled 4K features
More performance boosts for Tomb Raider, which is good--AMD smokes Nvidia in that game. I usually give these updates a which on the market before I install.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #11
Syl
Evil Dead

AMD slowed down on their videocard updates recently. I feel they're focused way too much on Crossfire compared to single card performance. Which I guess looks good for high end benchmarks, but does nothing for us with "only" a single card.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #12
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/gef...iew,23951.html

More performance boosts for Tomb Raider, which is good--AMD smokes Nvidia in that game. I usually give these updates a which on the market before I install.
HA you can run Tomb Raider on a toaster as long ass you have Tress FX off. Her hair looks better without it honestly since TressFX is just more marketing hype and not even fully realized. Unless you have a spaghetti fetish.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #13
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
AMD slowed down on their videocard updates recently. I feel they're focused way too much on Crossfire compared to single card performance. Which I guess looks good for high end benchmarks, but does nothing for us with "only" a single card.
AMD is desperate to improve it's SLI performance, specifically in the area of micro-stuttering. SLI's superiority in this regard often allows Nvidia to sell multiple cards at once, each usually more expense than a similar performing AMD, to enthusiasts. The recent catalyst drivers allegedly fix this somewhat.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
Meusli
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl View Post
I expect this to get worse while they concentrate on providing for their console customers. You can't blame them though as Intel were about to bury their CPU division.

Last edited by Meusli; 08-24-2013 at 09:39 AM..
Meusli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #15
Rommel
International Playboy

The next FX is the last FX. AMD is focusing solely on APUs next generation. I fear this means they have given up competing for the high end CPU market and that Intel will have an even stronger monopoly and zero reason to ever kill its pricing structure. Did you know a 990X never dropped in price? Not once! Now that is it ancient (In CPU-terms) it is appreciating in value as supplies dwindle.

How I wish for a competitive AMD solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
HA you can run Tomb Raider on a toaster as long ass you have Tress FX off. Her hair looks better without it honestly since TressFX is just more marketing hype and not even fully realized. Unless you have a spaghetti fetish.
I don't want to run it, I want to run it in all its useless extra frame glory!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #16
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Good to see the Game Ready drivers for Blacklist add an SLI profile for that game. My second card was sad only running at 6 percent.
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #17
Rommel
International Playboy

Fired up Tomb Raider, the recent release helps a lot on a Nvidia card. TressFX doesn't even hit the framerate that I can see, so it's sticking above 60 comfortably.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #18
Rommel
International Playboy

http://www.maximumpc.com/nvidia_gefo...lable_download

New drivers today adds Dynamic Super Resolution to Fermi and Kepler-based cards! I'll test it out the next time I'm playing an older game that will not crawl at 4k. :-)

Nvidia is once more widening the gap it has in software / driver dominance. AMD had been bridging it slowly last year but they are behind once again.

Tags
nvidia