Today 12:27 AM
9 Replies, 442 Views

Old 07-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Dragon Quest XI Western Release Announced For 2018

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:
The latest entry in the Dragon Quest series, Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, has just made its debut in Japan, but there's been no word on a western release. While we still don't know exactly when to expect it, Square Enix has confirmed the game will be localized for western markets.

In a video published today, Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii reveals that work has already begun on localization. It's being translated into English and four other, unspecified languages.

"There's quite a lot of text, so it's an exorbitant amount of work," Horii said. "But we're doing our best and working hard to get this game to all of you as soon as possible, so I sincerely hope you look forward to the game."

Square Enix added that Dragon Quest XI will be out in the West at some point in 2018. More details will be announced this fall.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:36 PM   #2
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Yes. Day one purchase 4 me. Love the old school games on nes when I was a kid. I also was a fan of 7. 9 was good just not a huge DS fan. I will get this on PS4. If it comes out latter on PC I will buy it again just so Square keeps bringing DQ over to the States.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 12:41 PM   #3
Methos
Savior of Boleteria

PC release please!
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:48 AM   #4
BenSkywlkr
Evil Dead

Finally, at least we have a year now, currently my most anticipated title.

Quote:
Love the old school games on nes when I was a kid. I also was a fan of 7. 9 was good just not a huge DS fan.
Haven't played the *PS2* port of VIII? IMO By far the best in the series, absolute gem of a game.
BenSkywlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
EL CABONG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSkywlkr View Post
Finally, at least we have a year now, currently my most anticipated title.

Haven't played the *PS2* port of VIII? IMO By far the best in the series, absolute gem of a game.
Nope. Played a demo if that counts. It did not grab me at all. If you liked it good for you. Taste is subjective.
EL CABONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:29 PM   #6
BenSkywlkr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Played a demo if that counts.
If I had to judge any DQ game on the first hour of gameplay....... well, I wouldn't be a huge fan of the series for certain

Quote:
Taste is subjective.
Very much so, but I've never met anyone who actually played DQ8 and was a fan of the series that didn't have it ranked as the best(with two exceptions, that is a 'hands down' best- DQ7 being a close second for a couple people).

If you come across a PS2 copy of the game, give it a shot on an emulator.

I'll say this- this game looks like a direct sequel to DQ8- because of that it is my most anticipated game
BenSkywlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:14 AM   #7
Scherge
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenSkywlkr View Post
Very much so, but I've never met anyone who actually played DQ8 and was a fan of the series that didn't have it ranked as the best(with two exceptions, that is a 'hands down' best- DQ7 being a close second for a couple people).
Absolutely! DQVIII rocked! If you don't like emulators and don't have a PS2 anymore, I'm hearing good things about the 3DS port that was released this year.

Oh, and in my personal opinion, DQIX on the DS was a huge letdown. I finished it eventually, but I found all those MMORPG elements (probably in preparation for DQX) highly annoying.

Not sure what to think of DQXI yet. The very early footage we saw about a year ago (with the climbing and jumping) didn't look all that great to me...
Old 07-31-2017, 10:34 AM   #8
LostToys
Evil Dead

DQIX was a major failure to me as well. I put in a good 35 hours before I could make the determination that it was not going to go anywhere or get any better, so I put it down and never went back to it.

I will have to wait on the reviews of Dragon Quest XI before I determine if I will jump back in. If they are good, then I will get the PS4 version or wait for a PC release (if not already announced - I have not been paying much attention to this title).
LostToys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dragon quest 11, square enix