0 Replies, 106 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by Chief Smash
Today 04:24 AM
83 Replies, 24,966 Views

Old 11-29-2016, 12:39 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Titanfall 2 Free Multiplayer Trial Announced, Angel City Gameplay Trailer #Titanfall2

EA Games sends along word that Respawn Entertainment will be hosting a free multiplayer trial for Titanfall 2.

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, Calif. – November 29, 2016 – Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) today announced that this holiday’s highest rated shooter, Titanfall® 2, will host a free trial of the game’s full multiplayer offering. The trial* will begin for EA Access and Origin Access members on November 30th, and become available for all non EA Access and Origin Access players starting December 2nd on Xbox One, PlayStation® 4 and Origin for PC. Trial players will get a chance to experience the fast and fluid multiplayer in Titanfall that “makes the competition feel clunky and staid in comparison,” according to Eurogamer. Those looking to continue this action into the full game will have all their multiplayer progress carryover, in addition to getting their hands-on what Entertainment Weekly calls, “one of the best single-player campaigns of the year.”

Since the game’s launch, Titanfall 2 has received universal praise from critics worldwide and has been nominated for the Game of the Year award from The Game Awards, with the winner being announced on December 1st. In multiplayer, Titanfall 2 has built on the dynamic Pilot and Titan gameplay from the first Titanfall and delivered a wide variety of robust modes, maps and weapons for players to choose from. In Respawn’s single player debut, the team has elevated the first-person shooter genre by bringing fresh ideas, clever design elements and innovation to the carefully crafted story campaign.

Following the release of Titanfall 2, all post-launch maps, modes, and weapons will be absolutely free to all players, and that all starts on November 30th with the release of Angel City’s Most Wanted. Featuring the fully remastered fan favorite Angel City map from the original Titanfall, Angel City’s Most Wanted introduces additional free content including the Wingman Elite Pistol, six new Titan kits, and a brand new Pilot execution. Angel City’s Most Wanted also gives players the ability to purchase cosmetic items for their Pilot and Titan, including camos, nose art, warpaint, and more. Players who pre-ordered Titanfall 2 ahead of the game’s release will get access to the Angel City map starting on November 30th, while all players getting access to the Angel City map on December 3rd.
Click on the Headline for the Trailer.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:39 PM   #2
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

This is a neat idea, but they really need something to kinda make people jump in and buy the game. I might suggest something like a map pack of "theme" maps.

Old West, Pirates, Moon/Space, WWII, etc. Those kind of maps always seem popular with players who are focused on multiplayer games. Sure they don't exactly fit the theme of the product, but when you are talking about a game focused on the run-and-gun multiplayer it doesn't hurt to have some crazy maps.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:09 PM   #4
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

This is what I need to assess it. I hope it's as good as the 1st one in MP.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
This is what I need to assess it. I hope it's as good as the 1st one in MP.
I personally think it is as good. They made some changes though. you no longer get 3 titans with interchangeable weapons and mods. You get 5 titans with set mods and weapons. As you "level" the titans you unlock perks for it that tweak abilities. Same thing with guns. They have eliminated the 3 cards per match. But you get a "boost" that charges up as you fight. the boost can be anything from enemy seeking ticker mines to map hack to sentry turrets to smart pistol.

There are unlockable color skins for all weapons and titans. There are 13 game modes, Attrition, free for all, amped hardpoint, pilot vs pilot, capture the flag, arena, a private match, last titan standing and a few others

You can also choose from 7 different pilot abilities. Run speed boost, stealth, pulse(radar) dagger, energy shield wall, a holo pilot, amped weapons, grappling hook, and phase shift

Leveling for the character is much slower. You don't get "experience points" for playing. You get merits instead. Merits come from winning a match, playing well in a match, successful extraction if you lose, leveling weapons, leveling titans, leveling faction and a daily happy hour based on your clan/group. After you reach Gen 2 they add two decimal points to your level. I'm currently Gen 2.38. To increase to Gen 2.39 I need to collect 10 or so merits.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:02 PM   #6
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Having a really good time with the game actually, helped all the more cause I got it on sale. I quite like how they are handling leveling, what with the merits instead of XP (So you can lose and still not really "lose"). The unlocking of items and the "prestige" system I'm just getting a handle on, but I like hearing that anything you unlock by spending credits or coins or whatever they are, remain unlocked after you gen up, essentially making it a pick and choose type of deal.

Love the boosts much more than the cards before, and that boosts are what determine your character's appearance.

Enjoy the titans more now too, since they are much more varied than the ones before.

While I didn't play too much of the first one, I think this one improves in every way.

Also for those thinking of picking it up, on Origin there was a promo code TITAN20 you could use last week, still not sure if it's functional or not but it even worked with sale they had (are still having?) going on.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:12 PM   #7
dirtbag
El Matador

I want try titanfall 2, my BF1 is still taking up my multiplayer time. Having 2 good shooters hit at the same time just creates competing calls upon my time.
dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:15 PM   #8
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Looks like the free trial is just for a single weekend. Lame.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #9
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Anyone not supporting this game already should be ashamed of themselves. It's one of the best FPS games in existence that improved upon the first in nearly every way which is made by a group of devs who try to care even while they're being fucked in the ass by EA every step of the way.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:59 PM   #10
Anemone
Evil Dead

Oh so I can't try the singleplayer game, the only thing I car about; gee, how tempting.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #11
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal ShiZuru View Post
Anyone not supporting this game already should be ashamed of themselves. It's one of the best FPS games in existence that improved upon the first in nearly every way which is made by a group of devs who try to care even while they're being fucked in the ass by EA every step of the way.
This. The movement alone in this game is a pure joy. New players will get their asses kicked, but if they stick with it, they'll find it incredibly rewarding. The movement reminds me of Quake III. It's so damn fast. But when you master it, you can wreck anyone with anything. That's why I troll with the grenade launcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Oh so I can't try the singleplayer game, the only thing I car about; gee, how tempting.
Yes, we know. Respawn are terrible for making a great game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
Looks like the free trial is just for a single weekend. Lame.
Overwatch, BlackOps, every other title does a free weekend. This is no different.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:27 PM   #12
Anemone
Evil Dead

Why make a free weekend and limit it only to MP, Sai.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:10 PM   #13
Mozain
Fueled By Tits & Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Why make a free weekend and limit it only to MP, Sai.
Because the single player is only 4-5 hours long so having a free weekend with access to that would be kind of silly? That's my thoughts behind it anyways.
Mozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:56 PM   #14
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozain View Post
Because the single player is only 4-5 hours long so having a free weekend with access to that would be kind of silly? That's my thoughts behind it anyways.
This. I beat the campaign in 5 or 6 hours on the second hardest difficulty. It was fantastic, but the long tail for most shooters is in the MP.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:29 AM   #15
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I think a free multiplayer trial is a good idea, I just think that doing it for a single weekend isn't going to get them where they need to go. Heck, usually when there is a free weekend by the time the download is done I've moved on and invested my weekend into something different.

I didn't play the Battlefield 1 beta for that reason. My connection speed back then was like 12 Mbps and it just took so long to download that I went off and played something different and then spent my whole weekend playing that other game.

You really have to do this for longer, limit it to just 1 or 2 maps that people can play for a couple of weeks to just make them pine for the rest of the game.
Old 11-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #16
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Quote:
The highest of praise here.

Also:
Old 11-30-2016, 10:14 PM   #17
Orphiuchus
Evil Dead

The single player is easily worth the price of admission. Everyone should buy this game.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:34 AM   #18
defiant
Evil Dead

Quote:
It's one of the best FPS games in existence that improved upon the first in nearly every way
Not hard considering the first game was shite. The only significant improvement I see is not charging for DLC, and that's more likely done out of necessity because the community vaporised so quickly after release.

Quote:
which is made by a group of devs who try to care even while they're being fucked in the ass by EA every step of the way.
You mean the same group of twats who popularised the idea of monetising the fuck out of every aspect of an MP FPS and releasing the same recycled garbage year in year out, swapped out a reliable dedicated server model for knuckle headed peer-2-peer matchmaking and shat on the modding community? Yeah, great guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
You really have to do this for longer, limit it to just 1 or 2 maps that people can play for a couple of weeks to just make them pine for the rest of the game.
This is what devs used to do, hell demo servers would stay up indefinitely. I remember the demo servers for UT2004 and BF2 being populated for years after retail release. That all fell away after publishers and devs started realising that providing demos for shit games doesn't actually improve sales.
defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:10 AM   #19
Mojopin
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant View Post
Not hard considering the first game was shite.
Ahh, I was waiting for this thread to start looking like an Evil Avatar thread... glad you guys hardly ever disappoint.
Mojopin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:52 AM   #20
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

Quote:
Well I think FPS are shit in general and I'm actually liking this one.

Tags
ea games, respawn entertainment, titanfall 2