Last post by Inkabodcrane
Yesterday 01:43 PM
8 Replies, 911 Views

Old 07-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #21
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Being post republican myself, I can remember being where he is, not seeing how the republicans were equally culpable for what's wrong with the world today.

But now I do. I'm not gonna let him ra-ra republicans or pretend dems are the root of the problem.

Frankly the repubs are more culpable, because they understand more but still have chosen to play the game rather than oppose it. They've since become corrupted by wealth and power and the republican part has no principles left at all. At all.

That's why Jeb will obtain the nomination, because the people who actually select the candidate for president are the money-brokers behind the scenes who make their billions from buying politicians, and they control the party and will only allow in a candidate who is their candidate, whom they know will play ball.

The dems do the same thing, of course.

The US is entirely decadent, thoroughly corrupt, and apparently irredeemable. That is my conclusion after 25 years of studying the system. Plus he's a closed mind, unwilling to read anything new and challenging. I don't respect him.
My conclusion after reading all your contradictions the last couple years is that you're inconsistent and a liar. I'm not closed minded, I'm consistent in my beliefs. Unlike you who thinks words are just words with zero conviction behind anything you say.

I'm sure Dr. Paul will enjoy getting your novelty vote as you try to dictate to others that voting is useless and that those big bad Republicans hurt your feelings for calling you out on your shit, lies, direct contradictions and held you accountable for the things you say. Oh nos the HORROR!

Quote:
Oh? And why is that? I used to hate liberals, but since becoming a libertarian it's the conservatives who've been the biggest pain in the ass. I've found a lot to like about liberal motivations, if not liberal policy. But conservatives say one thing and do another entirely, conservatives are willingly ignorant, conservatives speak the language of freedom and then raise taxes, make the world worse time and time again.

I'm a christian, but god never commanded christians to force people to stop sinning, only to inform them that they were sinning. I cannot support legislating against gays or against abortion or drugs or war--and liberals thereby become political allies on all of those things. Even if I find some of those things abhorrent personally.
Say one thing and do another, willingly ignorant? Guy, buddy, um yeah that's your whole MO. There's nothing worse than a narcissist, except for one who can't keep his story straight and makes a complete fool out of himself yet honestly doesn't realize it. Yeah I'm an ancap! I wanna tear down the state! Hey those liberal policies that want to control my life? I'm down with those! Honestly Anenome you sound absolutely fucking ridiculous.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:06 PM   #22
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Yeah I'm an ancap! I wanna tear down the state! Hey those liberal policies that want to control my life? I'm down with those! Honestly Anenome you sound absolutely fucking ridiculous.
Hey moron, learn to read:

Quote:
I've found a lot to like about liberal motivations, if not liberal policy.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:35 PM   #23
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Herp derp. As someone who hates the government, liberal policy is all about expanding government. It's the anti thesis to what you'd like to happen. You've spent too much time around liberals Anenome, it has warped your principles, given you double speak as well as the best of the liberals, it's not really surprising.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #24
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Quote:
I've found a lot to like about liberal motivations, if not liberal policy.
Very foolish. Your message was, at best, ambiguous.

Quote:
If not, why not?
OCTOBER 11TH, 2013
Q: My question is about a sentence like “Jones is smart, if not brilliant.” Does this mean “Jones is smart, but he isn’t brilliant”? Or does it mean “Jones is smart and maybe even brilliant”? It seems to me I’ve heard this “if not” construction used both ways.

A: We’re not surprised that you’re confused by this use of “if not.” It can be downright confusing, especially in writing when you aren’t able to use intonation and emphasis to get your meaning across.

The usage authority Bryan A. Garner says “if not” can mean either “but not” or “maybe even.”

Writing in Garner’s Modern American Usage (3rd ed.), he says it’s “often an ambiguous phrase to be avoided.”
Who is Bryan A. Garner? According to Wikipedia:
Quote:
Bryan A. Garner (born November 17, 1958, in Lubbock, Texas) is an American lawyer, lexicographer, and teacher who has written several books about English usage and style, including Garner's Modern American Usage and Elements of Legal Style. He is the editor-in-chief of all current editions of Black's Law Dictionary. He has coauthored two books with Justice Antonin Scalia: Making Your Case: The Art of Persuading Judges (2008) and Reading Law: The Interpretation of Legal Texts (2012).

Founder and president of LawProse, Inc., he serves as Distinguished Research Professor of Law at Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law.[1]
It seems logical that liberal policies would reflect motivations. In fact, you suggest that it's conservatives, not liberals, that lie:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome
Oh? And why is that? I used to hate liberals, but since becoming a libertarian it's the conservatives who've been the biggest pain in the ass. I've found a lot to like about liberal motivations, if not liberal policy. But conservatives say one thing and do another entirely, conservatives are willingly ignorant, conservatives speak the language of freedom and then raise taxes, make the world worse time and time again.
With that in mind, your sentence could certainly be interpreted as: "I've found a lot to like about liberal motivations, maybe even liberal policy." That would assume that there was some actual logic to your lashing out -- maybe in attempting to award some sort of credit to you there, in following some sort of logic, was the cause of the confusion?
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:05 PM   #25
blackzc
Evil Dead

I need to make a new thread, one that is not a troll one and wont get hijacked.

Help, i cant masturbate anymore!? It just seems silly!
Old 07-21-2015, 10:13 PM   #26
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

I've participated in a lot of thread hijackings, if not your next thread's hijacking.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #27
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
And that would be relevant if I were a liberal.

But I'm a libertarian, and we have been consistently anti-war no matter who was president, and we're the only people that are.
Stop calling yourself an AnCap then, you can't be both!
Old 07-22-2015, 09:30 AM   #28
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

You guys kill fun.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:53 AM   #29
BeardedSonOfNel
Chaotic Neutral

We've had shirts made. Shirts are fun!
Old 07-22-2015, 02:18 PM   #30
Anemone
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel View Post
Stop calling yourself an AnCap then, you can't be both!
Can you be a dog and also be a beagle?

A beagle is a specific kind of dog.

So too, an ancap is a specific kind of libertarian.

I'm surprised you don't know that already.