Last post by Evil Avatar
Today 07:39 AM
18 Replies, 878 Views

Old 02-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Transformers: Age of Extinction - Super Bowl Spot

Quote:
A mechanic and his daughter make a discovery that brings down Autobots and Decepticons - and a paranoid government official - on them.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
DeadPixel
Evil Dead

Another CGI infested mess.
DeadPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Man. Those dinobots are going to sell so many toys. Every ten year old boy is going to want an optimus figure sitting on grimlock figure and that will cost like 250 dollars.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
CSargeP
CPP

Didn't see a hint of shia labeouf so it's already better then the last movies.
CSargeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #5
AspectVoid
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
Man. Those dinobots are going to sell so many toys. Every ten year old boy is going to want an optimus figure sitting on grimlock figure and that will cost like 250 dollars.
That scene completely sold my 6 year old self on this movie. But, then, I've always loved the Dinobots.
AspectVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #6
Morpheus
Evil Dead

I'm still sceptical about the movie, because of Mark Whalberg mainly. I just don't see him fitting in, in this movie. But Optimus riding Grimlock has totally sold it to me! I'm a sucker for Michael Bay action.

Screw the haters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSargeP View Post
Didn't see a hint of shia labeouf so it's already better then the last movies.
That's because he's not in the movie It's a form of reboot, but still a continuing og the previous three. A new trilogy set after the first trilogy with whole new characters. That's why the bots have new looks too.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

I still think the bots are just too detailed. Half the time I can't tell wtf is going on in one of their numerous fights. Is he punching? Was that a kick?

It was just too detailed.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #8
Karai Pantsu
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
I still think the bots are just too detailed. Half the time I can't tell wtf is going on in one of their numerous fights. Is he punching? Was that a kick?

It was just too detailed.
I think it's more that the bot's bodies aren't distinct enough from each other. Aside from the small panels of ostensible car body work, they're all straight grey and silver, and when they get mashed together in mortal combat, you lose track of which parts belong to which bot. Basically only Bumblebee, with his extremely bright color scheme, can be distinguished during the action scenes, and it's really only because his doors come off his back like wings.
Karai Pantsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #9
automaton
Evil Dead

I don't get any of this. I loved the Transformer cartoons when I was a kid. These movies bring zero nostalgia to the table as the only thing resembling what I watched as a child so far is the voice of Optimus Prime. So that being said, I cannot get excited by dinobots because, as with everything else here, they will not be a thing I remembered loving but rather a new thing. Michael Bay has proven across 3 movies so far that he is incapable of making Transformers into something new that I can tolerate. I've walked away from every single one of these movies feeling like someone had been punching me in the eyes and ears for 3 hours. I seriously doubt even the fanboy service of adding Dinobots will be enough to get me to take a 4th plunge into this toilet bowl of a series.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #10
Venkman
Evil Dead

I also loved the Transformers cartoon as a kid. The only thing that even remotely holds up is the Transformers animated movie. I watched some of the original cartoons when I got sick a while back and thought they were terrible.

I can watch the new ones simply from a VFX standpoint. They are among some of the most complex rigged characters created in film. Not everyone finds that interesting like me, though.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #11
ashikenshin
Evil Dead

I was avoiding Transformers topics since I completely hated the last 2 movies ( I don't despise the first) but, I watched the trailer anyway. Now I can't help to be excited about it. What can I say? I love robots and dinosaurs like my inner child does. It would be a crime against myself not to watch this :P
ashikenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:33 AM   #12
Azrael
Evil Dead

Hard to express how much i loved the original transformers, i'm about as big a fan boy as you get. Personally i've hated what Michael Bay has done with this film and wish he would leave it alone. Someone above has hit the nail on the head with the over-complication of the character models, you never know whats happening in a action sequence. And WTF was with those 2 hill billy Autobots? EXPLOSIONS! Just cause your pulling something from peoples childhood, it dosnt mean you need to have a big turd on it before giving it back to them

*deep breath*, trying to settle down before this becomes a full on rant. In summary Michael Bay is a dick?
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:17 AM   #13
BenSkywlkr
Evil Dead

This movie came on during the SuperBowl, had a party going, had an "IMAx RoadTrip!" cry followed by a whole bunch of hollering in support...... I may or may not have been involved(closest IMax is about 45 minutes away).

Optimus riding Grimlock, who cares if the rest sucks @ss :P
BenSkywlkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 AM   #14
gunbust3r
Lord

CGI guy: So boss do I actually have to design the transformation?

Boss: Hell no, just greeble the hell out of them and make it transform in an ultra fast blur.
gunbust3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
age of extinction, transformers