Rainbow Six Siege -...
Last post by Mozain
Today 02:42 PM
4 Replies, 208 Views

Old 01-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Werewolf: The Apocalypse Announced #WerewolfTheApocalypse

Focus Home Interactive and White Wolf have announced an upcoming video game adaptation of Werewolf: The Apocalypse set in the World of Darkness.

Quote:
Paris-based video game publisher Focus Home Interactive is pleased to announce its partnership with White Wolf Publishing, license owner of the famous World of Darkness universe (Vampire The Masquerade, Werewolf, Mage Ascension).

The World of Darkness is a gritty vision of our own time. The world’s most devious conspiracies are true. The divide between the rich and the poor is huge and corruption is rife. In the shadows of our declining societies, humans fall victim to supernatural horrors, all struggling for control.

The partnership between Focus Home Interactive and White Wolf Publishing concerns the adaptation in a video game of one of the most acclaimed licenses from the World of Darkness - Werewolf: The Apocalypse. The game will be developed by studio Cyanide (Styx: Master of Shadows, Blood Bowl, Call of Cthulhu). Become a werewolf, known as Garou (from French "Loup-garou" meaning werewolf), immersed in the atmosphere of their shamanistic and tribal world. Garou are Werewolf warriors opposed to urban civilization and supernatural corruption, all heading towards inevitable apocalypse.

“The World of Darkness has always attracted creatives with a strong passion for telling dark and immersive stories. So to work closely with the great talent at Focus Home and Cyanide exploring the savage Werewolves of this universe is an absolutely fantastic experience for us at White Wolf and we are more than excited to see this great and highly relevant IP realized in a video game”, says Tobias Sjögren, CEO of White Wolf.

“We are pleased to partner with White Wolf to bring Werewolf: The Apocalypse to life in a video game for consoles and PC. We are excited to work on the World of Darkness universe, as this is formidable playground to tell the players a great story. We are also happy to partner with Cyanide Studio in this adventure – they are behind the original wish to adapt this universe, and we are faithful in their ability to create a game that will please both fans of World of Darkness and newcomers”, says Cédric Lagarrigue, President of Focus Home Interactive

More info about this new adaptation of this brutal Werewolf mythology to come at this year’s event in Paris, “le What’s Next de Focus”, on February 1st and 2nd.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #2
Anemone
Evil Dead

Hooooooooooooolllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzz zzaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2017, 05:43 PM   #3
Chimpbot
Godzillaologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Hooooooooooooolllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzz zzaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God, I hate you.

I don't have much faith in this game being good. I loved the pen and paper game, although I preferred the nWoD version much better.

I want it to be good...but, I have my doubts.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:07 PM   #4
Schling Fo
Soul Reaper

Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck.

...it's going to suck, and I'm going to play it anyway.
oWoD addiction is a hard thing to kick.
Schling Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #5
Anenome
Autarchist

Werewolf was my 2nd fav to play back in the day, after Mage--but mage could never be done right in a videogame.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:02 PM   #6
Xqa
Reaper

Its been said elsewhere, and better but the basic idea is the problem with white wolf properties is that you end up playing with other people who really love to play them and they tend to be the most DRAMA prone sons a bitches walking the earth.

Then again i remember the first jab at a game white wolf and whatever company threw together that included a level/story creator and online play. The "GM" was a giant head, and you could create a room filled with werewolves for the player vampires to spawn into... hahaha good times man good times.
Xqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #7
Anenome
Autarchist

The last White Wolf game, Vampire Masquerade, is a fantastic game. Not sure what you mean about drama--it was pure action. Unless you mean literal pen and paper roleplaying. I was part of a two-year compaign once that was great.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #8
rubbishfoo
Evil Dead

I'm just glad it's oWoD and not Vampires.

I like V:TM. It's nice to see a changeup.

I'd prefer Mage, but how ya gonna pull that off?
Old 01-21-2017, 06:30 PM   #9
Silverbaine
Evil Dead

I personally loved V:TM Redemption and Bloodlines. They were supposed to announce a Warewolf game to go along with those but that never happened. I really hope this turns out to be good. I mean I'll most likely play it anyway.
I spent a lot of time in V:TM playing online "Building levels" and playing with a clan. We would mostly just practice fighting each other and find new builds that tops other builds. Every once in a while we would raid other clans servers just for the kicks. It was a good time. We eventually went to a Neverwinter Nights server and then split ways.
Silverbaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:10 PM   #10
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

I really enjoyed The Masquerade's world. I would like to spend more time in that game environment.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyanide studio, focus home interactive, werewolf: the apocalypse, white wolf