Today 04:24 AM
83 Replies, 24,966 Views

Old 11-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #21
Anenome
Autarchist

Old 11-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #22
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

I wish I had waited really. Every other mission breaks it seems, the interface doesn't do what you tell it to half the time. The few actual character animations that are there feel like they're from 2000. 7 years and this was the best Egosoft could do? What the fuck ever.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #23
Suicidal ShiZuru
Mutual Hatred

Sad to hear how this turned out. A lot of the hate is from older fans of the series who don't like the changes yet a lot of the problems are obviously technical. Hopefully they patch this title a lot faster than previous ones and the mod community takes advantage of the frame work laid out since there is obvious potential.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:41 PM   #24
screwyluie
Evil Dead

I'm not an X series expert, I've tried to get into x3 but I can't seem to figure it out, I think they assume you've played the previous games or something.

So for me this game is easily approachable, and despite all the negative stuff I have to say about it, the one good thing is I was able to complete the first couple 'missions' that qualify as the tutorial, I was able to fly and fight and, amazingly I docked with multiple things (something I couldn't ever get to work in x3). That is where the good stuff ends though.

your cockpit is huge... the whole point of a space game is to enjoy the glorious fictional places, but you can't bloody well see them through all the ship in your FOV... it's terrible. Then when you dock, it doesn't matter where, it's the exact same, small (read 20' diameter circle cluttered with tons of stuff so there's only about 10sqft of walking area) platform, with the same boxes, in the same spots, and the same junk laying in the same spots... the only thing that's different is where the people are standing. honestly after 3 docks I never wanted to dock with anything again... what a waste of time.

Lets talk about the first fight you get into, with a couple drones. it's right next to trade lanes and a station, there's friendly ships all around you, guess what? you're going to shoot one or more of them by accident, and they immediately turn on you. have fun with that.

the graphics aren't up to par, but they would be good enough if there was a good game behind them.

I wanted so bad to get into the X series and I really thought this would be it, but after a couple hours of game play I have no desire to play it any more. a sad day indeed.
screwyluie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #25
Anenome
Autarchist

After watching the let's plays a bit it still looks pretty promising, but maybe I'll wait for the cost to come down :|
Old 11-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #26
CSargeP
CPP

Looks like I'll be waiting for this to go on sale and play X3: Albion Prelude in the meantime.
CSargeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
Anenome
Autarchist

Whoa, turns out I own X3: Reunion. Who would've guessed! / how did that happen? >_>

I'll try playing that first.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #28
Anenome
Autarchist

Ouch!

X:Rebirth scored a 28 on metacritic >_>

Having those broken quests and bugged out everything is reeeeally hurting them >_>
Old 11-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #29
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Whoa, turns out I own X3: Reunion. Who would've guessed! / how did that happen? >_>

I'll try playing that first.
Turns out I got the whole X package at one of the Humble Bundles for a song
Old 11-26-2013, 04:03 AM   #30
hotdrop
Soul Reaper

Anenome, make sure you install the bonus pack and learn how to use the universal traders. X3:TC is probably the least broken of all the X games and is pretty playable as long as you are willing to create your own challenges and goals as the missions kind of suck.

Ususally you start off and you come up with a goal of setting up a working station link, or working universal traders and then you change goals from there. Highly recommend you read some of the guides on how to do this and then try to actually get it implemented in your game.
hotdrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
egosoft, tri synergy, x rebirth