Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by Booda
Yesterday 08:21 AM
6 Replies, 270 Views

Old 07-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

New BioShock Infinite DLC Announced

Irrational Games has announced two DLC packs for BioShock Infinite, the first Clash in the Clouds, is a Horde-mode available today for $5.00 and the second, Burial at Sea, is an amazing multi-part adventure taking place inside the undersea city of Rapture.

Quote:
Come back to Rapture in a story that finds Booker and Elizabeth on the eve of the underwater city's fall from grace. Developed by Irrational Games, the developer of the original BioShock and BioShock Infinite, this DLC features Rapture as you've never seen it before—a shining jewel at the bottom of the ocean, built almost entirely from scratch in the BioShock Infinite engine. Gameplay has been modified to give the player an original BioShock combat experience that merges the best parts of BioShock and BioShock Infinite.

Explore the city when it was at the height of its beauty, meet some old "friends," and make some new ones, all through the eyes of Booker DeWitt. Why are Booker and Elizabeth in Rapture? What was the city like before everything fell to pieces? The answers to these questions and more will be found in BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea -- Episode 1. This pack is included in the BioShock Infinite Season Pass.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
Terran
Evil Dead

Had no idea B:I was getting DLC. Isn't this a bit...late for the first DLC drop? Over four months after launch. Seems like interest would have really cooled at this point, especially for a single-player game (does it have any multi at all?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #4
Loki_09
Makes shoes for orphans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
Had no idea B:I was getting DLC. Isn't this a bit...late for the first DLC drop? Over four months after launch. Seems like interest would have really cooled at this point, especially for a single-player game (does it have any multi at all?).
Normally, I would agree with you, and I typically stay very far away from DLC. But this has actually peaked my interest. I really enjoyed my stay in Columbia, and I could see myself getting back into it. Could also have something to do with the fact that I'm not hooked on any particular game at this particular time.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
The timing is certainly odd. Perhaps they are gearing up for a Game of the Year edition on the Xbone/PS4?
Old 07-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #6
ldi222
Evil Dead

Not really interested in the combat focused DLC as the hard mode in Bioshock was much more frustrating than fun. I think they missed an opportunity by not doing something like that with limited multiplayer, as much as it was protested in Bioshock 2, it could have been sweet in a Columbia type arena environment.

The narrative stuff I'm definitely going to play though, whenever that eventually launches.
ldi222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
bean19
Butt Stallion

The reason I play Bioshock games is the amazing story. The combat was just okay, so an arena mode isn't going to get my dollars.
bean19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #8
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
The timing is certainly odd. Perhaps they are gearing up for a Game of the Year edition on the Xbone/PS4?
Now that I think of it, the timing may well be pure genius. Summer gaming sales from all sorts of outlets (GMG, Amazon, Steam, etc.) have ended, with a horde of new owners of the game (but at a much lower price than initial retail). By not releasing the DLC until after the sales, they didn't have to cut the price on the DLC, or package it with the base game, and now they can up their retail pie per customer with some DLC sales at regular price to new owners who are just getting into the game!
Quote:
Old 07-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #9
UttiniDaKilrJawa
Subscriber

Intersting trailer for Burial at Sea. I wonder how it ties to the original Bioshock Infinite.
UttiniDaKilrJawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #10
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Looks damn cool.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #11
murpes
Evil Dead

I usually ignore DLC, unless I can grab it with a GOTY edition or something, but for a return trip to Rapture I'll definitely pull out the debit card.

Terran's scenario is dead on, at least from my anecdotal experience. I grabbed Infinite on the Steam sale and the game is still fresh and exciting in my mind.
murpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #12
BalekFekete
Claptrap Bitch

Complete pass on the horde mode (regardless of whether I get it for free with my season pass) - not interested in the slightest.

However, more story and a return to Rapture will have me firing up the game with a passion the day that DLC drops.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #13
ElektroDragon
Evil Dead

Quote:
This is how long DLC used to take to make before they started taking things off of the disc game to sell you later and giving you DLC a week or a month later.. or even launch day.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #14
JazGalaxy
Evil Dead

Quote:
It's been pretty widely talked about that Infinite was getting DLC. It was even featured on the back of the instruction manual and in an insert to the game package. There will be three and they can be purchased collectively in a "Season Pass".

To say four months is too long for DLC seems really strange to me.

Part of the reason it took so long is because Irrational did what fans always say developers should do, ethically, and they didn't start work on the DLC until the game shipped. Therefore, they weren't holding back any content from the real game in order to sell it to fans later. Four months is really a relatively short amount of time when you think about it in that context.
JazGalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #15
lockwoodx
Photobomber

I had no plans on getting Bioshock Infinite until it was bargain bin price, but they've at least sold me on a solid piece of DLC. Tie-ins and crossovers have been some of the coolest ways to promote fun between gaming IPs (See Poker Night for a sterling example)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #16
GodFather
Evil Dead

The music they choose for the Bioshock series is fantastic!
GodFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #17
Syl
Evil Dead

Shame, i was hoping for more Columbia, not more Rapture.

I have a feeling this won't stay in Rapture.
Syl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
CSargeP
CPP

Alright, now we just need a Booker and Elizabeth on Citadel Station right before System Shock and then another pair on the Von Braun set right before System Shock 2.
CSargeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #19
HillTribe
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSargeP View Post
Alright, now we just need a Booker and Elizabeth on Citadel Station right before System Shock and then another pair on the Von Braun set right before System Shock 2.
This... Is a fantastic idea.
HillTribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #20
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazGalaxy View Post
To say four months is too long for DLC seems really strange to me.
No, not too long for DLC. Too long for the FIRST DLC drop, especially in a game that is, to my knowledge, primarily single-player. I can understand multiplayer games getting DLC throughout an entire year, like CoD, but a single-player game is going to have already seen a rather large percentage of its population pick it up, play it to death, and drop it by the time four months have gone by.

Seems late to me, but it may be a planned bit of genius as well, as I mentioned in my previous post. Not sure, really!
Quote:

Tags
bioshock infinite