Last post by BalekFekete
Today 06:46 AM
14 Replies, 617 Views

Old 07-02-2019, 07:22 AM   #21
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavenACTG View Post
Let me change tact. What would you consider to not be a shit sandwich?... I'm curious where your taste lies.
Booda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:38 AM   #22
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booda View Post
Loqueesha
Now, why do you like this trailer?
MavenACTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:39 AM   #23
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan View Post
But before saying that I'd question why anyone would marry someone with an IQ less than 50.
Probably because their EQ was *off the charts.*
Old 07-02-2019, 08:04 AM   #24
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

I saw the first one, but I was mostly playing Heroes of the Storm at the time, so I canít really tell you who was it in or what happened. So, Iíve got that going for me.

Something about the dog being named Indy and some face melting Naziís. Is that close?
Old 07-02-2019, 08:11 AM   #25
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Now, why do you like this trailer?
What? You said earlier that 'Jumangi 2: In a Jungle Groove' looks "creative".

If you believe that than this should come off as the equivalent of a Wes Anderson film to you.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:20 AM   #26
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:
What? You said earlier that 'Jumangi 2: In a Jungle Groove' looks "creative".

If you believe that than this should come off as the equivalent of a Wes Anderson film to you.
You didn't answer my question.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:28 AM   #27
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
You didn't answer my question.
You don't read in between the lines much do you?
Old 07-02-2019, 08:41 AM   #28
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Are you incapable of answering, or do you not want to?
Old 07-02-2019, 08:44 AM   #29
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
Are you incapable of answering, or do you not want to?
Old 07-02-2019, 09:05 AM   #30
actusoul
Evil Dead

I like Jack Black and his weekly youtube video. Jablinski Games. I will probably watch the film as a rental when its available. I prefer Quention Tarantino films etc but this one could be fun. It is what it is.
actusoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:20 AM   #31
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:
I honestly can't say I have ever seen anyone respond this way when asked why they like something. So you DON'T like the Loqueesha trailer?

Do you think I'm setting a trap? Because I think it's worse for you to be playing games when someone asks an earnest question.

Honestly dude, maybe a moment of self-reflection is in order. I know you're afraid on some level, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here if someone like you is occupying the same space as me and have made it clear you are rationalizing shitting all over me, unprompted, for expressing an opinion you don't like.

You're free to go. This was more about you than me, anyway.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #32
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I honestly can't say I have ever seen anyone respond this way when asked why they like something. So you DON'T like the Loqueesha trailer?

Do you think I'm setting a trap? Because I think it's worse for you to be playing games when someone asks an earnest question.

Honestly dude, maybe a moment of self-reflection is in order. I know you're afraid on some level, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do here if someone like you is occupying the same space as me and have made it clear you are rationalizing shitting all over me, unprompted, for expressing an opinion you don't like.

You're really that obtuse and low IQ aren't you? Holy shit.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:27 PM   #33
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:

I wouldn't even bother. I think he's probably an alt of a regular. Look at the "guns blazing" avatar and how direct his attempts to stir the pot are.

Either way, I think he's a couple dozen fries short of a happy meal. I preach solidarity all the time here like a schmuck, but if someone just refuses to be civil, if you're still trying to have any semblance of a rational conversation, you may as well be selling vacuums in a desert.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:42 PM   #34
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 View Post
I wouldn't even bother.
I understand, for whatever reason, thought I would try and be nice for a change and offer to listen. Assuming it isn't a puppet account, I can understand why he wouldn't trust me and how the environment and other users (and myself, in the past and more than likely in the future) encourage that distrust.

But if I am the sucker here, and all this was a troll (My follow-up question would have been: What did you think of "Sorry To Bother You"?), then seems that account should be banned, no? He did a good job of hiding in plain sight and not revealing anything about himself, but I wouldn't call that anything to be proud of. It's an internet defense mechanism or a trolling tactic, take your pick.

But something about just how manufactured his performance was, where the other users seem authentically batshit and repetitive injecting their liberal / conservative framing and vocabulary into every discussion, I don't know. Maybe I'm getting better at seeing the performance for what it is.

God forbid Booda say something about himself or his interests that makes him susceptible to someone like Booda jumping on him.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:00 PM   #35
Booda
Beam another Blast

Quote:
I honestly can't say I have ever seen anyone respond this way when asked why they like something.
Then I gave you a new experience. You're welcome.

Quote:
So you DON'T like the Loqueesha trailer?
Careful there Sherlock, you're dangerously close to solving that mystery without getting your question answered.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

P.S. Did I make your list yet?

P.S.S. Maybe you should contact a RED & see if you can get me banned for invading your safe space.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:03 PM   #36
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
I understand, for whatever reason, thought I would try and be nice for a change and offer to listen. Assuming it isn't a puppet account, I can understand why he wouldn't trust me and how the environment and other users (and myself, in the past and more than likely in the future) encourage that distrust.

But if I am the sucker here, and all this was a troll (My follow-up question would have been: What did you think of "Sorry To Bother You"?), then seems that account should be banned, no? He did a good job of hiding in plain sight and not revealing anything about himself, but I wouldn't call that anything to be proud of. It's an internet defense mechanism or a trolling tactic, take your pick.

But something about just how manufactured his performance was, where the other users seem authentically batshit and repetitive injecting their liberal / conservative framing and vocabulary into every discussion, I don't know. Maybe I'm getting better at seeing the performance for what it is.

God forbid Booda say something about himself or his interests that makes him susceptible to someone like Booda jumping on him.
Possibly, but then how would you have any real dialogue with someone that is that thin skinned anyway. As an adult you learn to understand who you are, the good with the bad, and the fear of "putting that out there" diminishes greatly. Even if EvAv takes no prisoners, I've never believed in banning accounts or being afraid to be a bit personal and honest for that matter. In fact, it's more encouraging here in my mind for some reason. At least for me. I don't care if it's not "well received".

I have my doubts that he's worried too much about being genuine. But maybe I'm wrong. Either way, there are people, and probably even the majority here, that are genuine and will give you genuine response. I wouldn't do any account banning. I like that EvAv gives more room than most. I think that's important.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:09 PM   #37
MavenACTG
Evil Dead

So the whole exercise was personal and meant to attack me as a user. That's a stunning waste of time. Enjoy the Pyrrhic victory?

I have only PM'd one user and it was Evil. So, Evil, care to comment?
Old 07-02-2019, 01:09 PM   #38
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Possibly, but then how would you have any real dialogue with someone that is that thin skinned anyway. As an adult you learn to understand who you are, the good with the bad, and the fear of "putting that out there" diminishes greatly. Even if EvAv takes no prisoners, I've never believed in banning accounts or being afraid to be a bit personal and honest for that matter. In fact, it's more encouraging here in my mind for some reason. At least for me. I don't care if it's not "well received".

I have my doubts that he's worried too much about being genuine. But maybe I'm wrong. Either way, there are people, and probably even the majority here, that are genuine and will give you genuine response. I wouldn't do any account banning. I like that EvAv gives more room than most. I think that's important.
So let me get this straight, the guy asking admins ban people for not sharing his opinion, isn't the thin skinned one in this exchange? I want to like you Pat I really do, but some of the shit you come out with is so cringy it's difficult at times.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #39
PatrickRes9
Maker of Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
So let me get this straight, the guy asking admins ban people for not sharing his opinion, isn't the thin skinned one in this exchange? I want to like you Pat I really do, but some of the shit you come out with is so cringy it's difficult at times.
I wasn't talking about Maven or comparing them, Spec. In fact, I'm explaining, and did explain that I think he shouldn't be banned. I enjoy that people are NOT banned here.

Calling a spade a spade doesn't mean there aren't other spades out there.

And actually, I said the opposite of Booda. I said I DOUBT he's just thin skinned and afraid to be who he is. My opinion is that he's an alt/troll.

Quote:
I have my doubts that he's worried too much about being genuine.
I think Maven is wrong if he thinks Booda is just "afraid to open up". He seems like a legitimate troll to me. It's direct and intentional. I'm guessing he's an alt, but I could be wrong on that part. But he's pushing that "say a bunch of hostile, shocking things, then wait until someone jumps on it so he can call them a snowflake" thing hard, all the time.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:24 PM   #40
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
I wasn't talking about Maven or comparing them, Spec. In fact, I'm explaining, and did explain that I think he shouldn't be banned. I enjoy that people are NOT banned here.

Calling a spade a spade doesn't mean there aren't other spades out there.

And actually, I said the opposite of Booda. I said I DOUBT he's just thin skinned and afraid to be who he is. My opinion is that he's an alt/troll.

I think Maven is wrong if he thinks Booda is just "afraid to open up". He seems like a legitimate troll to me. It's direct and intentional. I'm guessing he's an alt, but I could be wrong on that part. But he's pushing that "say a bunch of hostile, shocking things, then wait until someone jumps on it so he can call them a snowflake" thing hard, all the time.
Don't care if he's an alt or not, he's hilarious and spot the fuck on. At any rate I thought alts were against site rules, not that Anenome didn't have a half dozen of em to begin with.

Tags
jumanji the next level