7 Replies, 200 Views
Rainbow Six Siege -...
Last post by Mozain
Today 02:42 PM
4 Replies, 198 Views

Old 08-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #61
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

I've been using Windows Phone 7 since November 2010 when they first came out. I have a Kindle Fire, but have been waiting til win 8 to get a "real" tablet. I'm on a PC pretty much nonstop every day, whether its gaming, getting news, watching movies/shows, listening to music/podcasts, etc. Win 8 looks like a fun, refreshing change, I'm looking forward to it. Couldn't care less about booting to the desktop.

I like technology, and like to see what's next. I've actually shown this video to some people and their first reaction is fear or worry.

Maybe I'm just not a negative person, but I only see something that is damn awesome. In some ways the reaction seems similar with Win8. Things have to and will evolve, they won't stay the same forever. In 20 years, desktops, laptops, consoles, tv's, even cars as we know them will be either gone altogether or drastically different. I hope I'm never the type of guy who is scared or angry at new things, innovation in technology is one of the most awesome things on the planet. When it comes to Win8, I trust that Microsoft knows what they're doing. It'll be all good, peeps.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #62
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzkidd View Post
I've been using Windows Phone 7 since November 2010 when they first came out. I have a Kindle Fire, but have been waiting til win 8 to get a "real" tablet. I'm on a PC pretty much nonstop every day, whether its gaming, getting news, watching movies/shows, listening to music/podcasts, etc. Win 8 looks like a fun, refreshing change, I'm looking forward to it. Couldn't care less about booting to the desktop.

I like technology, and like to see what's next. I've actually shown this video to some people and their first reaction is fear or worry.

Maybe I'm just not a negative person, but I only see something that is damn awesome. In some ways the reaction seems similar with Win8. Things have to and will evolve, they won't stay the same forever. In 20 years, desktops, laptops, consoles, tv's, even cars as we know them will be either gone altogether or drastically different. I hope I'm never the type of guy who is scared or angry at new things, innovation in technology is one of the most awesome things on the planet. When it comes to Win8, I trust that Microsoft knows what they're doing. It'll be all good, peeps.
Do you know how ridiculous that video was? Public touchscreens? I cringe to think of using them without gloves!

Tell me, are you very young?
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #63
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead

Depends how old you are I suppose, but no. I am 31, an army vet, and an air traffic controller. I ain't new to the world, I'd say.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #64
Meusli
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjclark View Post
Do you know how ridiculous that video was? Public touchscreens? I cringe to think of using them without gloves!

Tell me, are you very young?
In this country someone would put a brick through them the day they were installed.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #65
lockwoodx
Photobomber

I'd try Goggle fiber before Windows 8. (and not just because my city is getting it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaATR View Post
Lock is untouchable though, he's too cool to be targeted, like ever. He's Detroit's Heisenberg!
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #66
Kreigmstr
Evil Dead

Screenshots that inspired Windows 8...

Old 08-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #67
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
Meh, there exist technologies that can kill anything within a few minutes, copper-based coatings for instance. They want to put them in hospitals.

Also, in such a future, there's the possibility of active pathogen defense, micromachines that filter the blood, etc.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #68
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenome View Post
Meh, there exist technologies that can kill anything within a few minutes, copper-based coatings for instance. They want to put them in hospitals.

Also, in such a future, there's the possibility of active pathogen defense, micromachines that filter the blood, etc.
I could see those employed in places, yes. But seriously, every future I see that looks pristine and clean makes me laugh.

Shit is getting dirtier, much dirtier by the day.

Remember, cleanliness is Godliness.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #69
Anenome
Autarchist

Quote:
I could see those employed in places, yes.
But seriously, every future I see that looks pristine and clean makes me laugh.

Shit is getting dirtier, much dirtier by the day.

Remember, cleanliness is Godliness.
Go look into Democracy: the God that Failed by Hoppe, where he explains why democracy causes the praxeologic
phenomenon of short time-preference and how that results in decivilization, which
is what you're referring to with the idea that things are getting dirtier generally. It's fascinating,
dense, and will change you.

Decivilization is not necessarily inevitable. I agree that it's at work right now however.
Also, take a look at Life at the Bottom for an exploration of modern Britain's poor, which explains what
actions a culture marked by short time-preference leads to, actions destructive in the long-term,
which is why they lead to decivilization.

One doesn't need to learn to read if he believes he'll be dead by the time he's 20...

Last edited by Anenome; 08-08-2012 at 08:28 PM..
Anenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #70
Agnostic Pope
Evil Dead

God that Failed.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #71
Rommel
International Playboy

Alright, I have not indulged in Win8 previews, because I was assured I could click a button and go back to the normal screen. Browsing this forum made me decide to hit YouTube and check it out.

No X-button to close
No Aero
Primarily horizontal scrolling
Vector graphics ... everywhere
NO. START. BUTTON?!

fuuuuuuuuu

To Best Buy, to horde copies of my beloved Windows 7.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #72
Anenome
Autarchist

Yeah, I was gonna do some Win8,
but further exploration convinced me
against it.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:07 AM   #73
blackzc
Evil Dead

Like andriod is any better. I just bought acer iconitab a200 off of CL. Tablets are useless. Big ugly phones, cept the apps work better on the phones. Its for sale.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #74
Anenome
Autarchist

Shoulda bought a Nexus 7. I didn't think I'd own a tablet till I tried that one. Use it every day now.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #75
Rommel
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzc View Post
Like andriod is any better. I just bought acer iconitab a200 off of CL. Tablets are useless. Big ugly phones, cept the apps work better on the phones. Its for sale.
Just to clarify, I enjoy both Android and iOS on tablets and phones. I will likely enjoy Windows RT for the same uses. Keep that shit off my computer--I use that device to actually do stuff other than just dick around, thank you very much.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote