Evil Avatar  



Go Back   Evil Avatar > Daily Gaming News > News Items

» Sponsored Links


» Recent Threads
Liberals gone wild
Last post by vallor
Today 03:34 PM
4,785 Replies, 1,042,941 Views
See Rockstar's Wild West...
Last post by Terran
Today 01:29 PM
5 Replies, 251 Views
The Analogue Pocket...
Last post by RAV
Today 01:26 PM
2 Replies, 164 Views
STRANGER THINGS IS...
Last post by Cranium
Today 08:14 AM
5 Replies, 337 Views
Overwatch Seasonal Event...
Last post by Chief Smash
Today 07:51 AM
8 Replies, 570 Views
Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by GinRummy
Today 06:45 AM
8 Replies, 474 Views
Massive Division 2 Sale-...
Last post by brandonjclark
Today 04:28 AM
0 Replies, 106 Views
Post something good you...
Last post by Chief Smash
Today 04:24 AM
83 Replies, 24,966 Views
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2019, 06:07 PM   #1
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 35,359
Blog Entries: 20
American Horror Story: 1984 Teaser



Welcome to Camp Redwood. Good luck leaving alive. American Horror Story: 1984 premieres Sept. 18 on FX.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:07 PM   #2
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 35,359
Blog Entries: 20
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:14 PM   #3
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,212
How good can this be on a non-pay network? 80's slasher films were all about the slashing, not the story. Wouldn't they have to cut-away/no-blood?

Regardless, it gets points for using The Motels.
__________________
Why isn't the word "gullible" in the dictionary?
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:24 AM   #4
colonel 32dll
Squirshy Hurts
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
How good can this be on a non-pay network? 80's slasher films were all about the slashing, not the story. Wouldn't they have to cut-away/no-blood?

Regardless, it gets points for using The Motels.
I'm guessing you've never watched any of the prior 8 seasons of AHS. They don't shy away from showing shocking, bloody scenes.



I lost interest in mid-season five (the one with Lady Gaga and vampires).
colonel 32dll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:44 AM   #5
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 35,359
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel 32dll View Post
I'm guessing you've never watched any of the prior 8 seasons of AHS. They don't shy away from showing shocking, bloody scenes.

I lost interest in mid-season five (the one with Lady Gaga and vampires).
The last two seasons were pretty bad. The anti-Trump thing was just played out and the futuristic one just started nowhere and went nowhere. I really don't think either season seemed "fun". It was like they were so tied up in scoring political points that they forgot to just do the regular crazy.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:27 PM   #6
PacerDawn
Choadwanger
 
PacerDawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 3,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel 32dll View Post
I'm guessing you've never watched any of the prior 8 seasons of AHS. They don't shy away from showing shocking, bloody scenes.
Nope, you got me there. I don't watch much TV anymore. I thought stabbing and blood resulted in a "R" rating for movies, yet they do it on cable TV now? Interesting.

Maybe I'll check it out on Amazon.
__________________
Why isn't the word "gullible" in the dictionary?
PacerDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:30 PM   #7
KlausFlouride
Poisoned 2 my rotten core
 
KlausFlouride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Raccoon City
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
The last two seasons were pretty bad. The anti-Trump thing was just played out and the futuristic one just started nowhere and went nowhere. I really don't think either season seemed "fun". It was like they were so tied up in scoring political points that they forgot to just do the regular crazy.
The season before that anti-Trump one sucked too. I feel Hotel was the last good season they had.
__________________
Duct tape is like the Force: it has a light side, a dark side, and holds the whole world together.
KlausFlouride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:44 PM   #8
vivafletcher
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 524
Roanoke got a lot of points from me for trying a lot of new things, in terms of presentation and story. I didn't love it, but I really appreciate a series that takes chances.

I thought the one a couple seasons back made fun of Trump people and anti-Trump people. But it wasn't very good unless clowns really, really creep you out.

Apocalypse was basically Coven Part II. If you loved that season, it would be hard not to love this one. I thought Coven was pretty good, so I felt about the same way about Apocalypse. It was pretty good.

The first two seasons were really something. Since then it's been hit and miss, but not formulaic. They try different things and I appreciate that. So maybe this will be decent, too.
vivafletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:55 PM   #9
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game
 
Evil Avatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 35,359
Blog Entries: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafletcher View Post
Roanoke got a lot of points from me for trying a lot of new things, in terms of presentation and story. I didn't love it, but I really appreciate a series that takes chances.

I thought the one a couple seasons back made fun of Trump people and anti-Trump people. But it wasn't very good unless clowns really, really creep you out.

Apocalypse was basically Coven Part II. If you loved that season, it would be hard not to love this one. I thought Coven was pretty good, so I felt about the same way about Apocalypse. It was pretty good.

The first two seasons were really something. Since then it's been hit and miss, but not formulaic. They try different things and I appreciate that. So maybe this will be decent, too.
I thought Coven was the worst season they did, so that does kinda explain why I thought last season was so bad.

I did really like Roanoke. It took a lot of chances and turned out really well. I haven't watch it again, I should do that now that it's on Netflix.

I thought Hotel had some good ideas mixed in there, but never seemed to explore any of them enough for them to be great. I didn't mind all the nudity at all, that was nice. Heh.
__________________
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.
Evil Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:45 AM   #10
Inkabodcrane
Evil Dead
 
Inkabodcrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
I thought Coven was the worst season they did, so that does kinda explain why I thought last season was so bad.

I did really like Roanoke. It took a lot of chances and turned out really well. I haven't watch it again, I should do that now that it's on Netflix.

I thought Hotel had some good ideas mixed in there, but never seemed to explore any of them enough for them to be great. I didn't mind all the nudity at all, that was nice. Heh.
My wife and I really liked season 1. It was just great and had a great cast. We kept watching each season until finally falling off during the Hotel one. I don't even know how far behind we are now, but I think 2 or 3 seasons. Roanoke was cool, but it did feel like it had a lot of filler stuff.

This season has me intrigued, because it appears to be inspired by 80's slasher flicks, which I love to no end. All the promotional material looks like a rip off of Friday the 13th. But since the ownership rights of that franchise are in a never-ending hell, I am down to get back into AHS. However, they got super political and super left-leaning over the years so I can only stomach so much of that, so we'll see if they keep that up.
__________________
I used to indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

Go Against the Flow.
Inkabodcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
american horror story

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 PM.