Last post by Inkabodcrane
Yesterday 01:43 PM
8 Replies, 911 Views

Old 01-27-2016, 06:13 AM   #61
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai tyrus View Post
MasterKwan shouldn't be berated for voicing his opinion.
You're right. He should be berated for berating and attacking others, which he was.

He's a big boy. If he wants to mix it up, he doesn't need mom to ride to the rescue. And if you're going to ride to someone's rescue, you ought to pick someone who didn't start the political shit-slinging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:21 AM   #62
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I've been over it many times with you guys about the politics in the thread
This is also a heaping pile of complete bullshit that frankly I'm surprised you'd serve up. I'd expected better of you. The political aspect of this thread IS THE THREAD, and was begun in the OP by the big guy himself, as well as another red, because it is THE TRUTH that Twitter censors based on political stance.

I didn't bring it up, and I'm certainly not the one who said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwan!
" it's filled with thin skinned jackoffs who think nothing of hijacking a gaming topic to talk politics. I do skip over the bullshit but it makes the gaming to bullshit ratio higher, meaning I just don't visit as often."
Nobody hijacked this thread. It started with references to SJWs and crying over things people say which, ironically BOTH YOU AND KWAN HAVE NOW DONE.
Quote:
Old 01-27-2016, 06:27 AM   #63
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
You're right. He should be berated for berating and attacking others, which he was.

He's a big boy. If he wants to mix it up, he doesn't need mom to ride to the rescue. And if you're going to ride to someone's rescue, you ought to pick someone who didn't start the political shit-slinging.
I understand that this is a political thread based on the nature of the discussion. I just don't understand how hopping to insults is going to help someone see your perspective, that's all.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
sai tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:29 AM   #64
PacerDawn
Choadwanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpbot View Post
I know it was a joke, but I sincerely hope people don't actually take is as some sort of racist remark.
Same here. But, when people think Darth Vader is racest, or even the term "Black Hole", you sorta lose faith...
Old 01-27-2016, 07:12 AM   #65
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr View Post
Really sai? Kwan tossed the first stone to begin with, a spade is a spade is it not? When someone repeatedly takes the progressive side in any topic that goes political should we call them conservative? Come on man, the guy basically tossed in his support for censorship against things he doesn't like, much like bean used to try and do. Calling it out for what it is isn't some sort of vicious attack.
It just seemed that way from my perspective. I haven't read all his posts in other threads, so I don't know his political leanings. Nor do I care. I get that this is inherently political. A lot of the topics are here. That isn't the issue.

You and Kwan mentioned RPS, which is both more tightly moderated and left-wing. You both pointed that out. I just didn't understand how his comment on favoring that site makes him a progressive, that's all.

As I mentioned to Terran, I was just wondering how attacking a person based on their belief system is going to get someone to see your perspective. That's what I was saying. Or at least tried to, anyway.

edit: I also didn't see Kwan's comment that Terran posted until just now. I read it. Just didn't sink in for some reason.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!" - Bilbo Baggins
Old 01-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #66
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I was just wondering how attacking a person based on their belief system is going to get someone to see your perspective.
That's a legit point. I know you brought this up in the past, and I did pay fairly close attention to it for a while. It's a good reminder, and I'm not ignoring it.
Quote:
Old 01-27-2016, 08:02 AM   #67
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran View Post
That's a legit point. I know you brought this up in the past, and I did pay fairly close attention to it for a while. It's a good reminder, and I'm not ignoring it.
Cheers. I mean, I came off heavy-handed as well and certainly could have worded things differently. That's really the point I was trying to make.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:04 AM   #68
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
It just seemed that way from my perspective. I haven't read all his posts in other threads, so I don't know his political leanings. Nor do I care. I get that this is inherently political. A lot of the topics are here. That isn't the issue.

You and Kwan mentioned RPS, which is both more tightly moderated and left-wing. You both pointed that out. I just didn't understand how his comment on favoring that site makes him a progressive, that's all.

As I mentioned to Terran, I was just wondering how attacking a person based on their belief system is going to get someone to see your perspective. That's what I was saying. Or at least tried to, anyway.

edit: I also didn't see Kwan's comment that Terran posted until just now. I read it. Just didn't sink in for some reason.
If you didn't know kwan generally leans left you don't actively read many threads I guess.
SpectralThundr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:13 AM   #69
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
If you didn't know kwan generally leans left you don't actively read many threads I guess.
In all fairness, that sort of thing is always on your radar (mine too really) but Sai doesn't like concentrating on that stuff so I don't blame him for not having that sort of thing on his radar. I really believe he just wants this site to be better.
Chief Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #70
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerDawn View Post
Same here. But, when people think Darth Vader is racest, or even the term "Black Hole", you sorta lose faith...
No mention of "black ice"? Racism confirmed!

VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:39 AM   #71
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Smash View Post
In all fairness, that sort of thing is always on your radar (mine too really) but Sai doesn't like concentrating on that stuff so I don't blame him for not having that sort of thing on his radar. I really believe he just wants this site to be better.
Better in what way? Censorship? Only towing a progressive narrative like the majority of other sites out there? I don't think I can name one gaming site outside of EvAv that doesn't heavily censor opinions or doesn't generally lean left of center in opinion pieces. Personally I think we need less of that, not more.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:49 AM   #72
Chief Smash
Subscriber

Quote:
Better in what way? Censorship? Only towing a progressive narrative like the majority of other sites out there? I don't think I can name one gaming site outside of EvAv that doesn't heavily censor opinions or doesn't generally lean left of center in opinion pieces. Personally I think we need less of that, not more.
You know I agree with you politically but I wouldn't say that Sai was even suggesting that things be handled this way. He was asking people to be civil. Sai is almost nice to a fault. He wasn't threatening to censor anyone.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:00 AM   #73
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
You know I agree with you politically but I wouldn't say that Sai was even suggesting that things be handled this way. He was asking people to be civil. Sai is almost nice to a fault. He wasn't threatening to censor anyone.
Then Sai was directing it at the wrong people, it was kwan who started name calling right off the bat. Responding in kind shouldn't receive the ire of a mod. I like sai truly I do but he does tend to go after the more right leaning posters more often than not for the same behavior. Just pointing that out there.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:23 AM   #74
Chief Smash
Subscriber

No arguments there. He said himself that he missed Kwan's words the first time around.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:30 PM   #75
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
That's it. I missed the statement Terran quoted. I just want people to be civil, that's all. We've had some newer faces coming in and I just want to foster good discussion and let people feel welcome. I'm not against anybody. Never mentioned locking the thread, censoring anyone, etc. I feel like we had a good discussion. Terran got something out of it. A bunch of people said me stepping in was unnecessary. Not sure what else to add, really.

Old 01-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #76
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
That's it. I missed the statement Terran quoted. I just want people to be civil, that's all. We've had some newer faces coming in and I just want to foster good discussion and let people feel welcome. I'm not against anybody. Never mentioned locking the thread, censoring anyone, etc. I feel like we had a good discussion. Terran got something out of it. A bunch of people said me stepping in was unnecessary. Not sure what else to add, really.
What do you mean by "newer faces"? Is this some sort of ageism against faces that aren't as "new" to you? Found the bigotry!
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #77
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Terran got something out of it.
It's probably viral, too. Like herpes.
Quote:
Old 01-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #78
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

Quote:
No worries Sai, I get that you likely stay out of the topics that tend to be political in nature as well so you might miss out on where some regular posters have shown their true colors in the past as well. Not that being a proponent of outright censorship doesn't speak loudly to one's leanings as was shown in this particular topic.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #79
sai tyrus
Renegade Paragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
What do you mean by "newer faces"? Is this some sort of ageism against faces that aren't as "new" to you? Found the bigotry!
Haha. Yes. Exactly this. I hate old people!

p.s. My back hurts.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:55 AM   #80
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Again, you're assuming moderation is impossible under such a system, and it isn't. What is impossible, and what should remain impossible, is monopoly moderation. I consider that a design flaw of current reddit, and allowing moderation lenses and user-subscriptions to mod-lenses would cure that flaw.
Moderation = censorship. You can't get around that.

To be clear, I didn't call out anyone by name for being "thin skinned jackoffs" or for hijacking gaming discussions. They self identified.

I did call someone stupid but honest to god (who doesn't exist), I'm sure most of you agree...
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black mass