Game & Movie Releases...
Last post by Booda
Yesterday 08:21 AM
6 Replies, 261 Views

Old 01-16-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Iran Releases Former Game Developer Once Sentenced to Death

GameSpot is reporting that former game developer Amir Hekmati, who had been imprisoned since 2011, has been released by Iran.

Quote:
[UPDATE] GameSpot sister site CBS News has now confirmed with US officials that Amir Hekmati has been released as part of a prisoner exchange. Hekmati, along with the other Iranian-Americans released today, will be flown from Iran to Switzerland and then brought to a US military base in Landstuhl, Germany, where medical treatment will be available. For more on this story, read the full CBS News report.

The original story is below.

As part of a prisoner swap with the United States, Iran has released four Iranian-American prisoners, including a former video game developer who was at one time sentenced to death by an Iranian court. This is according to The New York Times and an Iranian news report published on Saturday.

The game developer in question, 32-year-old Amir Hekmati, was convicted of spying and creating propaganda material while serving as a designer at wargame studio Kuma Games. His death sentence was later overturned, reportedly getting a 10-year jail sentence instead. He had been in prison since 2011.

Other Iranian-American prisoners released today included The Washington Post Tehran correspondent Jason Rezaian and Saeed Abedini, a pastor. The New York Times reports that the Iranian news stories don't make it immediately clear who the fourth was.
Emabulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #2
SpectralThundr
Evil Dead

And this is a country liberals want to give nukes to.. blows the mind.
SpectralThundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:34 PM   #3
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

And it only cost us $100 billion and the exchange of 17 terrorists! Win/Win!
Old 01-16-2016, 07:36 PM   #4
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Avatar View Post
And it only cost us $100 billion and the exchange of 17 terrorists! Win/Win!
"Bend Over Barry" strikes again!
Old 01-16-2016, 07:46 PM   #5
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Come on, guys. Such a deal prevented N. Korea from working to develop nuclear weapons -- it can work again.
VenomUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:44 PM   #6
Emabulator
The Voight-Kampff

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomUSMC View Post
Come on, guys. Such a deal prevented N. Korea from working to develop nuclear weapons -- it can work again.
Swift Boat commander Kerry is on it!

Old 01-16-2016, 09:06 PM   #7
Terran
Evil Dead

Just think how much good Iran can do in the Middle East and beyond with $100+ billion! Surely the four Americans released today are worth $50 billion each and the blood of scores of other innocents who will be killed as a result, using the cash Iran now has to spread around to their terrorist cronies across the globe, right?

:boggle:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eats View Post
I certainly went to frat parties where girls were getting roofied
Terran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:22 PM   #8
brandonjclark
Evil Dead

The UN sanctions are lifted, too. They are free to expand their brand of hate.
brandonjclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:43 AM   #9
Phoenix1985
Subscriber

I think this thread perfectly encapsulates what Evil Avatar is about in regards to politics. Mostly a congregation of rightwingers finding new ways to whine about how they are not being catered to in terms of policy. I swear, sometimes this place reminds me of the Free Republic forum.
Phoenix1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:16 PM   #10
Evil Avatar
Citizen Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1985 View Post
I think this thread perfectly encapsulates what Evil Avatar is about in regards to politics. Mostly a congregation of rightwingers finding new ways to whine about how they are not being catered to in terms of policy. I swear, sometimes this place reminds me of the Free Republic forum.
Well, to ask a serious question... do you think it was a good deal to release 17 convicted terrorists back to their home country in exchange for 4 political hostages?

Sure, I want those people back, but we gave them people who know how to build bombs and have successfully built bombs and used them on the public in exchange.

Not to mention the idea of giving an additional $100+ billion to a country planning to use that money to expand their nuclear program, that's a whole second issue.

While I will certainly make no apologies about my political feelings, this was a terrible deal that will only result in the death of hundreds of more innocent people.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:54 PM   #11
shadow763
Lord of Woe

Quote:
Please expound on how the deal struck was a good one?
shadow763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:12 PM   #12
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
I think this thread perfectly encapsulates what Evil Avatar is about in regards to politics.
This post perfectly encapsulates a progressive with Obama cock-n-balls in his mouth. I can barely understand you through the coughing and mumbling.
Quote:
Old 01-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #13
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Old 01-17-2016, 06:43 PM   #14
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Well, to ask a serious question... do you think it was a good deal to release 17 convicted terrorists back to their home country in exchange for 4 political hostages?
You chance of dying in a terrorist attack is something like 1 in 90 million. Honestly, you don't have to fear them. Your chance of getting shot in a theater by a disgruntled white guy is far higher. 100 people a day die on US roads. We have a mass shooting nearly every day of the year. That's something real you can fear. Releasing these guys means dick to me. We just need to keep them out of the US from now on.

The Saudi's and Israel wanted us to go to war with Iran because they don't like Iran. They don't want to have to compete with them. Iran's not a threat to the US in any way. They might be a threat to Israel and the Saudi's hate them but honestly, anyone the Saudi's hate probably isn't that bad. I predict that Iran will eventually replace the Saudi's and Turkey as our best buds in ME in the near future. We already gave the Iranians the gift of Iraq. They've been playing there since we left.

Quote:
While I will certainly make no apologies about my political feelings, this was a terrible deal that will only result in the death of hundreds of more innocent people.
Just listen to you. The problem with you conservatives is that you live in fear. It colors all of your opinions and makes you easy to manipulate. Release of these guys will have zero and I mean zero impact on your life. We've killed more innocents with one "hellfire into a wedding party" mistake or then these guys will ever kill. Relax, they can't hurt you.

We don't need the ME any more. We produce a decent amount of oil and can buy the rest from Russia. We should just leave and let the place burn. There's no reason for a single US soldier to die in that shit hole ever again. Let Europe deal with it. Them and the Russians.
MasterKwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:51 PM   #15
Terran
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKwan View Post
We just need to keep them out of the US from now on.
Dozens of terrorists in U.S. through refugee program.

San Bernardino.

Boston.

Ft. Hood.

Progressives are suicidal morons who think you should pee on your attacker if you're being raped rather than wield a weapon in your defense.
Quote:
Old 01-17-2016, 06:56 PM   #16
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
You chance of dying in a terrorist attack is something like 1 in 90 million. Honestly, you don't have to fear them. Your chance of getting shot in a theater by a disgruntled white guy is far higher. 100 people a day die on US roads.
MasterKwan says no to math. I do enjoy your rationale: "Don't worry about terrorism -- be fearful of being shot to death by a white guy in a movie theater!!"

Quote:
We have a mass shooting nearly every day of the year. That's something real you can fear. Releasing these guys means dick to me. We just need to keep them out of the US from now on.
Better not tell you about your chances with booze and motor vehicles or you may have a heart attack (hey, there is another thing).

Quote:
The Saudi's and Israel wanted us to go to war with Iran because they don't like Iran. They don't want to have to compete with them. Iran's not a threat to the US in any way. They might be a threat to Israel and the Saudi's hate them but honestly, anyone the Saudi's hate probably isn't that bad. I predict that Iran will eventually replace the Saudi's and Turkey as our best buds in ME in the near future. We already gave the Iranians the gift of Iraq. They've been playing there since we left.
You're apparently unaware that the U.S. didn't leave Iraq.

Quote:
Just listen to you. The problem with you conservatives is that you live in fear. It colors all of your opinions and makes you easy to manipulate. Release of these guys will have zero and I mean zero impact on your life. We've killed more innocents with one "hellfire into a wedding party" mistake or then these guys will ever kill. Relax, they can't hurt you.
Here is you earlier in the same post which I'm responding to where you talk about how you accept living in fear:
Quote:
We have a mass shooting nearly every day of the year. That's something real you can fear.
Your message? Don't live in fear... unless it's what lefties say to be fearful of, then yes, live in fear!

Quote:
We don't need the ME any more. We produce a decent amount of oil and can buy the rest from Russia. We should just leave and let the place burn. There's no reason for a single US soldier to die in that shit hole ever again. Let Europe deal with it. Them and the Russians.
We have enough oil we wouldn't have to buy from Russia. As the ME burns, people flee -- both good and bad people. What's the results of that?
Old 01-18-2016, 07:21 AM   #17
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
We have enough oil we wouldn't have to buy from Russia. As the ME burns, people flee -- both good and bad people. What's the results of that?
Who the fuck cares? It's not our problem.

Quote:
San Bernardino.
Boston.
Ft. Hood.
I could list the FAR more common occurrence of disgruntled WHITE losers shooting the place up. The number of deaths in all of your "terrorist" attacks doesn't even add up to 1 day's death toll on US roads.

All I'm suggesting is that you lot stop being pussy's.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #18
VenomUSMC
Evil Dead

Quote:
Who the fuck cares? It's not our problem.
We're all stuck on this same rock flying through space; if you think an entire region having a ME won't have any affect on us and become a problem for us, you're lying to yourself.

Quote:
I could list the FAR more common occurrence of disgruntled WHITE losers shooting the place up. The number of deaths in all of your "terrorist" attacks doesn't even add up to 1 day's death toll on US roads.
Really? Never heard of 9/11?

Quote:
All I'm suggesting is that you lot stop being pussy's.
No, you're making a lot of shit up. You were just trying to telling how acceptable it was to live in fear of a mass shooting. Does that make you a pussy?
Old 01-18-2016, 10:16 AM   #19
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
Really? Never heard of 9/11?
100K Iraqi's died because of our invasion. A country that never attacked us. 5000 dead Americans and 100K ruined Americans were the result. Was it worth it? It was the Saudi's (mostly) who flew planes into our buildings. Why didn't we attack them instead?

How about a little perspective? Does 3000 dead on 9/11 justify 5000 more dead Americans from our pointless invasions? You and I will be paying for the next 30 years to help the soldiers maimed in the war.

We'd have been better off to re-enforce the cockpit doors and rebuild the towers using the trillion dollars we wasted on Iraq. Fewer Americans would be dead.

Quote:
We're all stuck on this same rock flying through space; if you think an entire region having a ME won't have any affect on us and become a problem for us, you're lying to yourself.
Nobody in the ME is a real threat to the safety of the US. Nobody. We're an ocean away from then. If this was Europe, I wouldn't be so confident but it's not.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:20 AM   #20
MasterKwan
Evil Dead

Quote:
No, you're making a lot of shit up. You were just trying to telling how acceptable it was to live in fear of a mass shooting. Does that make you a pussy?
I don't fear mass shootings. I just see that I'm more likely to die in one than from a terrorist attack. I'm even more likely to die hitting a deer on my way to work every morning. Something is going to kill me some day. The same for you. There's a spectrum of danger. You can be aware of it without fearing it.

I don't let it run my life. My goal is to have as much fun as I can before I croak.

Tags
fuck iran