Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Marvel Studios' Black Widow - Official Teaser Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264175)

Evil Avatar 12-03-2019 07:16 PM

Marvel Studios' Black Widow - Official Teaser Trailer

MechaDangerous 12-03-2019 08:08 PM

I'm down to see David Harbour as Red Guardian, but honestly the rest of that looked really bad. Everything she was saying was just every single action movie cliche I've ever heard. This just doesn't look good, and I hate saying that about a Marvel movie.

Chief Smash 12-03-2019 08:31 PM

Doesn’t look bad but it doesn’t look good either. Nothing here says “must see in the theater.”

Terran 12-03-2019 08:32 PM

That does look really cliched and really bad. Super hero movies are getting long in the tooth at this point. Peak saturation, little left to mine for anything creative of new.

Perhaps time to throw your cash at a new genre, Hollywood.

vallor 12-03-2019 11:05 PM

Looks way better than I expected.

Not a fan of how vocal David Harbour is about his politics so, like Hellboy, I will red box this or something.

It was a good decision to wait on that one for sure. I would have felt ripped off otherwise!

Robberbaron 12-04-2019 04:38 AM

Not a hint of Feminist / liberal / flavor of the day crap. I am in

BeardedSonOfNel 12-04-2019 06:51 AM

I'm completely burnt out on comic book movies. I've passed on the last 4-5 of them. After watching this trailer... it's a pass too.

Evil Avatar 12-04-2019 07:43 AM

That looks unbelievably bad. It honestly looks like they filmed about 90% of the movie and then went "Oh, wait... this should be a super hero movie." and threw in some costumes at the end.

DingBat 12-04-2019 09:34 AM

This likely won't be any Winter Soldier, but it looked pretty fun to me. I've enjoyed the character and Johannson in the other movies. I'll be seeing this in theaters.

Scherge 12-04-2019 09:40 AM

My main problem is that I don't see Black Widow as a superhero. She's a spy, basically a more athletic, female James Bond. Well, the old James Bond, not the new broken anti-hero crap. I loved her role in the first "Avengers" movie, where she was gathering intelligence, outsmarting Loki, outrunning the Hulk. Her introduction in "Iron Man 2" was solid as well, because she only was up against regular human foes (if I remember correctly).

This trailer though (it's a bit long to be called a teaser, isn't it?)... Not sure. It looks like a rehash of her old mini-series, but with "super" scenes thrown in. Other than those, the story seems to be the same as always. It's always about her past, it's always about her harsh training and everyone trying to use her. It's basically "Salt". Couldn't they come up with something a bit more original, after all those years in the MCU?

This was the cover I immediately thought of, watching the trailer teaser:

https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.ne...600/659161.jpg

Azzy 12-04-2019 07:52 PM

Good, bad, whatever. I've just never cared about Black Widow. I'm over Super Heroes and want Mutants or I'm basically out. Except for Spider Man.

NACIONAL 12-05-2019 06:00 AM

looked fun to me... might see it in theatres

MADxMrMike 12-06-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 2549066)
Good, bad, whatever. I've just never cared about Black Widow. I'm over Super Heroes and want Mutants or I'm basically out. Except for Spider Man.

with the shake up in the xmen comics recently it would be very cool to see it all on big screen. i hope this is the plan. let the comics finish(or settle a bit) then use them as sources for the movies.

timmyd 12-09-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2549006)
I'm completely burnt out on comic book movies. I've passed on the last 4-5 of them. After watching this trailer... it's a pass too.

We should have controlled burns of comic books just to prevent anyone else from getting burnt.