Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson Will Return For Ghostbusters 2020 Movie (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262759)

Evil Avatar 09-17-2019 07:33 AM

Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson Will Return For Ghostbusters 2020 Movie

Quote:

A new Ghostbusters movie is coming in 2020, and now we've learned a little more about it. At least two of the original franchise's stars, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson, will reprise their roles, and other original cast members might come back as well.

Aykroyd confirmed on the Joe Rogan Experience that he's coming back for the Ghostbusters 2020 movie that's being written by Ivan Reitman, the son of the original Ghostbusters movie director Jason Reitman. "I'm not in the picture so much anymore; we've got the Ghostbusters movie that we're working on now, and I will have to be performing in that," Aykroyd said.

Aykroyd went on to say that the movie, which has the title (or perhaps working title) "Ghostbusters: The Third Movie," is looking to bring back other original cast members, too.

In the interview, Aykroyd started off by saying "all" of the original Ghostbusters cast will be back for the new one. Then he said "most of the original people." Later in the interview he said "some" of the cast from the first movies will be back. So it seems it's not completely worked out yet.

Asked directly about if Bill Murray will reprise his role of Dr. Peter Venkman, Aykroyd said, "We're hoping."

Ernie Hudson, who played Winston Zeddemore, will come back as well. He confirmed in a video message on Cameo that he's coming back, and in fact, that the movie is shooting right now.
Gamespot.

NACIONAL 09-17-2019 07:37 AM

So we as a society will take a common understanding that the 2016 ghostbusters film never existed?

Good.

Evil Avatar 09-17-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NACIONAL (Post 2544324)
So we as a society will take a common understanding that the 2016 ghostbusters film never existed?

Good.

Pretty much this.

Mad Max RW 09-17-2019 08:45 AM

Dan Aykroyd in that same interview repeated how much he loved the 2016 movie but had issues with the director blowing up the budget and certain things he would have done differently. We don’t need another Ghostbusters. Fans stopped asking twenty years ago.

Jeez, Aykroyd intended for the original to be in space.

Chief Smash 09-17-2019 10:25 AM

It seems that everyone tends to forget that the original cast was also in Ghostbusters 2 and that was not a good movie.

walstib 09-17-2019 01:02 PM

I call fake news.

Ivan the son of Jason, the original director? ;)

Dag-Sabot 09-17-2019 01:25 PM

They really have to beat everything to death these days, Im holding out for the all midget cast of Ghost busterz XVIII

Azzy 09-18-2019 12:35 AM

I think this "news" is reaching a bit but I don't care.
I loved 1 and I loved 2.
I love mashed potatoes if they're lumpy or smooth. I love them with butter and I love them without.
While I admit I never even bothered trying a bowl of mashed potatoes made entirely out of women I have to say that it's on my list of shit to do and I will probably enjoy quite a bit of it, even if it's not something I'll wat.. err.. eat more than once. I suspect.

excalibur1814 09-18-2019 03:52 AM

I loved the first one.
I liked the second one.
I didn't mind the third one... the action was okay and seeing Bill Murray dragged out of a window was a LOL moment.
"Hey that man went out the wrong door!" (Chris rocked)

Chimpbot 09-18-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 2544372)
While I admit I never even bothered trying a bowl of mashed potatoes made entirely out of women...

The image this statement evokes is...well, it sure is something.

Quote:

I have to say that it's on my list of shit to do and I will probably enjoy quite a bit of it.
I have a sneaky feeling this post will be referenced in your Netflix documentary a few years after you're convicted of being a murderer-cannibal.

I still feel like the 2009 video game is the best "Ghostbusters 3" we'll get, although the IDW comic series is a pretty great follow-up to the movies and that game.

vallor 09-18-2019 12:55 PM

Loved the first, liked the second. The 2016 version tried too hard in too many ways. It couldn't decide if it was a statement, a remake, or just a fun movie so it failed miserably at all three.

I am only halfway looking forward to this one.

EmoryM 09-18-2019 03:58 PM

Bill Murray should stop pretending another Ghostbusters movie is beneath him. I watched The Dead Don't Die, he owes me 103 minutes.

Terran 09-18-2019 06:11 PM

I'm no longer interested in any of those guys. Well, maybe the dead one, but none of the living ones.

ElektroDragon 09-18-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmoryM (Post 2544435)
Bill Murray should stop pretending another Ghostbusters movie is beneath him. I watched The Dead Don't Die, he owes me 103 minutes.

He's not. Haven't any of you seen the ad with Bill Murray for the Ghostbusters video game REMASTER coming out?! If he can be persuaded to do an ad for a GAME REMAKE how the hell is he NOT gonna do a movie with his old sidekicks?

Sensei-X 09-18-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2544446)
He's not. Haven't any of you seen the ad with Bill Murray for the Ghostbusters video game REMASTER coming out?! If he can be persuaded to do an ad for a GAME REMAKE how the hell is he NOT gonna do a movie with his old sidekicks?

Isn't it just possible he really doesn't like Dan anymore because of some undisclosed personal issue(s) and this is all just his polite way of avoiding him.

Chief Smash 09-18-2019 07:13 PM

I have a lingering fondness for Dan Aykroyd simply because I grew up in the 80s. But I wouldn't have any trouble believing that he wasn't the easiest guy to get along with. The same goes for Billy Murray actually.

Evil Avatar 09-19-2019 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmoryM (Post 2544435)

He only owes me 15 minutes, because that was all I could take before I shut it off.

Terran 09-19-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2544453)
I have a lingering fondness for Dan Aykroyd simply because I grew up in the 80s.

I grew up in much the same period, and I have no fondness for him. His shtick was often just plain old stupid even then, and he was in some terrible, awful bombs.

He's not very funny for a comic actor/writer.

vallor 09-19-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2544502)
I grew up in much the same period, and I have no fondness for him. His shtick was often just plain old stupid even then, and he was in some terrible, awful bombs.

He's not very funny for a comic actor/writer.

All comedians have bombs; just watch Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee to hear about some monumental ones of your favorites. You don't get a TV special (cable or otherwise) or on SNL with untested material, you have to see what works and what doesn't first, especially when building your act and persona.

As many bombs as he had he still wrote and acted in some fine examples of 80s comedy. Even if you didn't think the straight man shtick was well done it was what allowed comedians like Steve Martin, Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, and John Candy to become beacons of funny with their more absurd characters.

Terran 09-19-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2544517)
All comedians have bombs

Aykroyd isn't funny now, wasn't funny then. Bombs galore.
Steve Martin isn't funny now, wasn't funny then. Bombs galore.

Chevy Chase, Bill Murray and John Candy? Very funny.