Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264253)

Jetherik 12-06-2019 08:17 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

The hard part of all the Black Friday Sales and Christmas being so far apart is the temptation to play the games you got from the sales. What are you playing this weekend?

wunshot 12-06-2019 10:45 AM

I'm out of fun games to play. Finishing up Divinity on PS4, then I'll probably play another soulsborne game again. I wish I still had the multiplayer addiction like I did back in college, but I just get burned out on mplayer games so quickly.

Major Dan 12-06-2019 11:03 AM

Been playing Borderlands 3 for the last two weeks pretty heavy. Got my main up to level 50 after the TVHM play through and started to dabble in the Mayhem mode. It does make it harder, I get the Greater Rift kind of vibe from Diablo 3 out of it. Also dabbling around with the other 3 characters to play with.

BalekFekete 12-06-2019 12:17 PM

Digging into Season 1 in Modern Warfare this weekend.

Booda 12-06-2019 12:47 PM

If I get time it will be Children of Morta on the Switch, Control on the Xbone & more Death Stranding.

brandonjclark 12-06-2019 01:15 PM

Going to make another attempt at finishing Witcher 3 story. But I'll probably end up just wandering.

Also really close to finally making Diamond in Rocket League. Go ahead and laugh. I'm not a high skill player.

DingBat 12-06-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2549200)
If I get time it will be Children of Morta on the Switch, Control on the Xbone & more Death Stranding.

I heard Children of Morta was pretty good. What's your take?

brandonjclark 12-06-2019 02:33 PM

Also thinking of picking up Remnant:From The Ashes since it's on sale. But I'm thinking there will be a Steam Xmas sale and it might be even lower then.

Many people are calling it sleeper GOTY.

Grumsh 12-06-2019 04:05 PM

I couldn't pass up The Witcher 3 GOTY edition for $12. That was my big video game splurge. I also spent about $300 on Too Many Bones, Undertow, and all the addons. What can I say I am a sucker for blinged out games.......

Ghostblaze 12-06-2019 06:17 PM

Finishing Witcher 2 finally. Better late than never. On to 3 after that. Eyeing halo master chief collection as well.

wunshot 12-07-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2549208)
Also thinking of picking up Remnant:From The Ashes since it's on sale. But I'm thinking there will be a Steam Xmas sale and it might be even lower then.

Many people are calling it sleeper GOTY.

I LOVE soulsborne games and I didn't care for it. Played it a good few hours, but it is kinda like Code Vein (minus the DD's) in that the terrain is featureless and really feels like computer generated walls. After having played all the dark souls and bloodborne games, you get accustomed to having that level of detail that I don't think Remnant or Code Vein capture.

Shoot me a message and let me know how you end up liking it.]

Azrael 12-08-2019 02:45 AM

Lanned some Morhau and HOTS with friends - Was glorious

Still grinding away on BL3. Just picked up RDR2 as well. Plenty of gaming to be done in December

Chimpbot 12-08-2019 04:35 PM

Started playing Fractured But Whole again this weekend. Aside from enjoying having the DLC classes available immediately, I forgot how solid of a game it actually is.

Kreigmstr 12-08-2019 04:43 PM

All my tabletop games are cancelled this week. So, just playing some Destiny and maybe get 100% on Fallen Order.

BeardedSonOfNel 12-08-2019 07:39 PM

I've played some Halo Reach on the PC, and now I'm trying out Surviving Mars.

Evil Avatar 12-08-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2549376)
I've played some Halo Reach on the PC, and now I'm trying out Surviving Mars.

Nice, I was going to jump into some Reach and I just watched The Boys and Watchmen.

SpectralThundr 12-08-2019 10:38 PM

MechWarrior 5 on Tuesday, amazing that it took nearly 2 decades to get an actual full fledged single player Mechwarrior title again on PC. Microsoft should be ashamed at their treatment of the IP.

Evil Avatar 12-09-2019 08:19 AM

Watchmen wasn't bad, but the Dr. Manhattan episode was a bit of a letdown. They did a good job of expressing how Manhattan views time, but just like in the comics as a result he tells you everything that is going to happen before it happens and it kinda ruins the suspense that they have done such a great job of building all season.

I also think that the "easter egg" was handled shockingly bad. I hope i'm wrong, but it would be the first time they have totally broadcasted what is coming up in such a ham-fisted way.